As much as It pains me to say this, this album aint fckn good

Started by Vonc2002, August 18, 2016, 11:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

I at least really liked her last album tho. Like I would never think I would feel this way about her shit. Ive been kinda listening waiting for that AH HA moment. I still bought it tho because I support Fantasia. Imma go see her live whenever she comes this way. I bet THAT'S when I'll be able to get into the songs, when I see her sing em live
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

.betterwiseup

Quote from: Scott. on August 19, 2016, 12:21:57 AM
I haven't listened to it, but y'all know her last album was supposed to be rock-soul. These labels get in the way of a lot of these artists' artistry. She recorded an WHOLE album with Raphael Saadiq and the album didn't want. I hate it when the labels step in and dumb down the artists. The same with K, I was looking forward to the country mess until they came along
Yep!
This was from the session with Raphael Saadiq

Dirty Swift from Midi Mafia said this afew years back that Fantasia doesn't have any creative control.
She recorded an album with Midi Mafia as well, but the label didn't like it and she was hurt.

Vonc2002

Quote from: .betterwiseup on August 19, 2016, 12:30:41 AM
I haven't listened to it, but y'all know her last album was supposed to be rock-soul. These labels get in the way of a lot of these artists' artistry. She recorded an WHOLE album with Raphael Saadiq and the album didn't want. I hate it when the labels step in and dumb down the artists. The same with K, I was looking forward to the country mess until they came along
Yep!
This was from the session with Raphael Saadiq

Dirty Swift from Midi Mafia said this afew years back that Fantasia doesn't have any creative control.
She recorded an album with Midi Mafia as well, but the label didn't like it and she was hurt.
see and THIS I loved. This is very old tho, so it cant have been for this last album
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

I bet that album Mafia did was AMAZING cause these>>>>>>>

(I always felt like whoever was singing this background channeled beyonce)

I absolutely loved this :stressed:

.betterwiseup

QuoteRaphael Saadiq confirmed his work with the former ?When I See You? singer this week. Calling their project together ?soulful but really strong,? Saadiq says ?a little bit of Aretha (Franklin) mixed up with a little bit of Labelle?.

Read more: http://singersroom.com/content/2008-12-20/fantasia-in-the-studio-links-with-raphael-saadiq/#ixzz4HkajCrfH

.betterwiseup

Dirty Swift said Fantasia loved "Overload" and wanted it to be the 1st single, but Clive said "no ma'am!"
It worked out though because she got her Grammy with "Bittersweet".

♛MANNY♛

Vonc2002

Kaeli.

Really love almost all of the songs on the album, my problem is that it isn't cohesive and doesn't flow well at all. Sounds like they belong on different albums

Palladium

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Kadeem. on August 19, 2016, 12:27:38 AM
I like the album actually. It's certainly doesn't live up to Tasia's fullest potential i.e. 'Back To Me' and self titled however,  its solid and consistent. 'When I Met You',  'Ugly',  'Stay Up' and 'Lonely Legend' are my favs.

Vonc2002

My favorites are ugly, when i met you, and I Made It. I like parts of lonely legend, mainly  just the verses

Gilgamesh.

ugh, an album of this  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

FlowerBomb

Quote from: .betterwiseup on August 19, 2016, 12:48:44 AM
QuoteRaphael Saadiq confirmed his work with the former ?When I See You? singer this week. Calling their project together ?soulful but really strong,? Saadiq says ?a little bit of Aretha (Franklin) mixed up with a little bit of Labelle?.

Read more: http://singersroom.com/content/2008-12-20/fantasia-in-the-studio-links-with-raphael-saadiq/#ixzz4HkajCrfH
Im pissed off  :uhh: