Jussie made me check myself on Mo'nique

Started by herbie, February 19, 2019, 08:02:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophelia_b

February 20, 2019, 01:36:26 AM #15 Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 01:40:36 AM by ophelia_b
Quote from: b l a c k a s f u c k on February 19, 2019, 10:50:28 PM
Quote from: ophelia_b on February 19, 2019, 10:15:43 PM
Quote from: b l a c k a s f u c k on February 19, 2019, 09:19:09 PM

But, I definitely believe that in Mo'nique's mind, she is convinced that her being a Black woman is the primary reason for the offer she was given. Do I agree? No. Does it happen in Hollywood? Yes.

which is precisely why I support the CAUSE, but not Monique.

just like I support the CAUSE but not jussie.

I guess that's my main confusion, if by your own words, you recognize that she is not a victim of what she's claiming to be a victim of, why do you still support her? I understand you support the grand issue (as do I) but you can support the issue without supporting a false vessel. that would be the same as saying I know jussie lied, but I support the grand issue so I'm going to continue to support him.

her falsely making these claims (even if it is in her own head) is damaging to the community and all of the black women who are actually going through this. and she needs to be held accountable for that if we clearly recognize her delusions.

king we need a podcast mess.
https://vocaroo.com/i/s0aG7ihr6XFA

:woohoo:

completely understand what you were saying luv bug. my question remains.... if you, in your own words, recognize that her claims against netflix are bullshit... what exactly are you "showing respect" for? if the simple answer is monique is your bitch and you ride for her even tho she's wrong, then i would say just own that. not saying you have to bash her (thats my job bby) but it seems like you're trying to make justifications and excuses for behaviors that you're saying you don't even fully agree with, which is puzzling.

and not saying the mo and juss situations are the same.... but there are clear parallels that can be drawn between the two.

and...... man fuck it. put this big bitch in prison for running up on queen bootz.

TogetherAgain

Hey bvy! I've missed your Vocaroos. Keep em coming!

:sistas:

Sinpool

FlowerBomb

Quote from: ophelia_b on February 19, 2019, 08:34:02 PM
wait.... I'm confused a bit king

jussie story was bullshit but the overarching issue he was trying to bring awareness too is legit

just like monique. her story about netflix was complete bullshit, but the overarching issue (y'all claim) she was trying to bring awareness to is also legit.

so by this logic, shouldn't you feel the same way about both of them? (either supporting both or denouncing both?)

ok?!!?! :uhh: :dead:

African Queen

Monique never lied though hun. :woohoo:

Happy you've come to your senses though :traciandchelle:

mauza

"جاني الاسمر"

Cowgirl

Monique is completely unaware of reality so idk if this is the best comparison..

Cowgirl

Cowgirl

MelMel