I kinda look at this Tyra clip differently now

Started by i’m every (wo)man, September 06, 2021, 08:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ophababes.

Quote from: The Night King on September 07, 2021, 09:49:45 PM
Tyra is very sneaky and calculating to me. I can't see this clip as anything else other than a constant need for attention mixed with corny acting. She didn't care about this girl. What has she truly done for the black community other than top model really? I know she donates to charities but that ain't enough and I'm gonna do some detective work to see which ones she's contributed to.  Tyra is the epitome of fake. Naomi may be a bitch... but you see her coming baby. Tyra is very underhanded. Multiple people have said Tyra is cold as ice and I believe it.

yea

Sovereign.

They had those girls doing the fool on ANTM. We gagged when it aired, but Tyra and her producers weren't doing much to change the hegemonic fashion industry. Those girls were young and wanted an opportunity to become a star and didn't quite know what was ahead. In retrospect, that entire show is fucked up. Entertaining, but very few of those girls have gone on to become successful models. :dead: 

ophababes.

i think the girls that really stood out on the show got screwed the most.

the smart girls flew under the radar, got their portfolio messes and dipped !

i remember i used to GAG when the girls gave tyra attitude. now i get it

:dead:

Sovereign.

That entire panel was full of nuts.  :plzstop:

It was all pomp and circumstance sans reality TV and less about searching for successful talent. The show was everything, but some of the girls have come forward and shared the horror stories behind the scenes.

Sovereign.

September 08, 2021, 01:23:29 AM #51 Last Edit: September 08, 2021, 01:23:42 AM by Sovereign.
And them makeovers were the fool. :kii: Like...how y'all clowning this bad? I could never.

Sovereign.

Sovereign.

Quote from: FxckDemCrackers on September 07, 2021, 06:22:49 AM
the girls were saying once they were off the show agencies wanted nothing to do with them because the show wasn't credible and they wanted real models and not reality tv stars dfdfds they had to rebuild themselves back up

Fatima has been the most successful model off the franchise as well as Winnie and they said the show didn't serve them
Fatima was saying the show made the industry seem way more chaotic and dramatic than it actually was and a lot of scenes were maniputalted emotionally
fdsafga it was good TV but the biggest person it served was Tyra and her "knowledge" of the industry dfsf

some of those tasks were fucking stupid
no one does shoots in pitch black darkness in the middle of the fucking woods :dead:

!!!!!!