I kinda look at this Tyra clip differently now

Started by i’m every (wo)man, September 06, 2021, 08:23:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

i’m every (wo)man

September 06, 2021, 08:23:47 AM Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 08:30:28 AM by indigenously BAH-LACK ✊🏾
At first I was like wtf is Tyra OK?  :uhh:
not her randomly barking on this girl just cuz she didn't cry at elimination

But then I remember everything that led up to this.
Tiffany's attitude definitely started to SHIFT as the competition went on

She was rolling her eyes at challenges , saying "every week this mess gets dumber and dumber " etc . And even refused to do challenges without even TRYING. Like girl, you're there. Why not try?

IMO Tiffany  was SELF SABOTAGING. It reminds me of kwee Ja'carri Richardson ... who knew damn well that weed would show up in her system but still did it anyway. Then was like "oh well did the crime now punish meh! 🤷🏾‍♀️" Once she got caught.

Tiffany's grandmother gave up a LOT for her to be there . She let the lights in her house get turned off just so she could help her GET there.

I can see why Tyra was becoming increasingly  frustrated with her , and I think that this elimination moment was tyras FINAL STRAW, as opposed to a random moment of her wanting to lash out at tiff.

Tyra literally brought up ALL the mess Tiffany was doing through the end of her stay there during the lashing . Which shows that this was def a BUILD UP of mess . Tyra was to the point where she couldn't be nice about it anymore .

I get it . She just wanted to SHAKE Tiffany a little . And teach her ACCOUNTABILITY. Yes Tyra may be a little coo coo for cocoa puffs, but she can definitely teach young girls about how to make it in life .

tbh she kinda deserved a lashing. To have your grandmother sitting in the dark in her own home just cuz she wanted to give you money to get to this competition instead paying her light bill, and for you to just throw it all away and give up ... I Can 100% see why Tyra said "LEARN FROM THIS."

https://youtube.com/watch?v=7k_yQwS_0rU
Grandma, grandpa, and their grandmas ❤️

Dr Naomi Campbell

Tbf Tiffany probably saw the BTS shenangins and how different it was to how the show was presented and was over it

i’m every (wo)man

September 06, 2021, 08:35:14 AM #2 Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 08:38:21 AM by indigenously BAH-LACK ✊🏾
Quote from: FxckDemCrackers on September 06, 2021, 08:25:24 AM
Tbf Tiffany probably saw the BTS shenangins and how different it was to how the show was presented and was over it
tb even more frank ...I don't think it's that simple .

Tiffany didn't think she deserved to be there and found ways to get herself out of it .

She saw a bunch of girls who were nothing like her ... she was in a new environment with all these new experiences

And it INTIMIDATED her . This isn't something totally new or unique .

Her giving a "ugh this is so dumb lol" mess was her defense mechanism . It was her preparing herself to be eliminated and an attempt to soften the blow by minimizing the significance of the competition to herself .... cuz she saw it coming.

If you haven't watched that season, watch it. Or rewatch it lol you'll catch tea.

Cowgirl

This is probably the most passionate I've seen Tyra on the show. Seemed very genuine.

i’m every (wo)man

Quote from: Planet Her on September 06, 2021, 08:40:00 AM
This is probably the most passionate I've seen Tyra on the show. Seemed very genuine.
!!!!!

At first I thought she was just tryna make an excuse for yelling with bringing up "when my momma yells like this at me it's cuz she loves me!"

But I get it now. She was def giving Tiffany a motherly lashing. She was tryna SHAKE her.

ophababes.

yea tryra was a piece of shit then and still is now. nothin different to see here.

CHOKE

kakskskkskdkdkdkdkdkdkdkrkrkrkrkkrmrkdmfkfkf

This thesis

i’m every (wo)man

Quote from: YTManzWhore on September 06, 2021, 04:55:47 PM
kakskskkskdkdkdkdkdkdkdkrkrkrkrkkrmrkdmfkfkf

This thesis

mfnfnfnfnnfnf g ngngngngngngnngmgmgmgngngnmgngngm

'ology

Quote from: oph'print on September 06, 2021, 03:59:44 PM

yea tryra was a piece of shit then and still is now. nothin different to see here.
!!!!!!
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

Murrah

Tiffany revealed in an interview that they actually edited the lashing down, and why her attitude was non-chalant.

QuoteAccording to Richardson, the argument was "1,000 times worse" in reality. She was hesitant to elaborate, but when pressed for more details, Richardson said she recalled Banks yelling at her, "You can go back to your house and sleep on your mattress on the floor with your baby," in front of the other judges, contestants, and crew members. Richardson wouldn't reveal further information about what may have been edited out of Banks's tirade, but that particular comment, she said, "stayed in the back of my mind."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelblackmon/we-were-rooting-for-you-we-were-all-rooting-for-you

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Murrah on September 06, 2021, 08:29:04 PM
Tiffany revealed in an interview that they actually edited the lashing down, and why her attitude was non-chalant.

QuoteAccording to Richardson, the argument was "1,000 times worse" in reality. She was hesitant to elaborate, but when pressed for more details, Richardson said she recalled Banks yelling at her, "You can go back to your house and sleep on your mattress on the floor with your baby," in front of the other judges, contestants, and crew members. Richardson wouldn't reveal further information about what may have been edited out of Banks's tirade, but that particular comment, she said, "stayed in the back of my mind."

https://www.buzzfeed.com/michaelblackmon/we-were-rooting-for-you-we-were-all-rooting-for-you

Yeah, Tyra ain't shit
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

i’m every (wo)man

b7

All of this is probably true. I just wish they would have shown Tyra at least trying to listen and understand her point of view

Tyra by this point was very very privileged and didn't really seem to understand Tiffany's plight. God knows what that girl was dealing with and all she did was talk over her.  They both could have done better in this situation IMO. Tyra meant well though, I'm sure.

Nine

September 06, 2021, 09:16:55 PM #14 Last Edit: September 06, 2021, 09:18:01 PM by Nine Fushiguro.
Nah she was just really bitchy for no reason and wanted a moment.

Because she didn't react the way YOU wanted doesn't mean she wasn't serious Tyra.

She was already eliminated. the hell did she want her to do?

:dead: