Jada Pinkett Smith & Spike Lee boycotting the Oscars

Started by Sinpool, January 18, 2016, 12:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

Herb.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on January 18, 2016, 05:39:00 PM
QuoteWill Smith hit back at claims that there is a lack of diversity in the film industry, last night.

Speaking at the Focus premiere in London, the actor hit back at claims and said: "I didn't even think about that really, I can't say I feel negatively about it. I don't really think that it's too much of a problem."

Just last year he didn't see racism in the industry as a problem and now his wife is boycotting the Oscars? Yeah, him and Jada are full of shit.

kbhiguvcfiy

didnt he recently have a flop movie

Herb.

reminds me of Nicki.

salivating at the thought of pig skin approval but the moment it's out of sight she morphs into harriet tubman.

Mel.

Mel.

which is so funny to me
because blacks will cry about being treated unfairly in the industry...
whether it be music or the movies

but watch not a one of them join Jada. A lot like to talk the talk, but when its time to walk it
they all gon run with their tails between their legs

Herb.

I don't think it's fear. Some black people genuinely don't care about these issues, especially if it doesn't affect them directly. And especially when it has to do with entertainment/modeling, etc.

I mean, at the end of the day it's no one's human or civil right to have a modeling contract, or a blockbuster movie deal, or an Oscar. These industries are openly discriminatory and it's accepted. If you get into this business it kind of comes with the territory.

I'm all for rooting for change but let it be genuine, not just when you're having a temper tantrum cuz Massa didn't give you a cookie this time around.

SUPREME

January 18, 2016, 06:05:17 PM #68 Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:05:35 PM by SUPREME
Quote from: Herbie on January 18, 2016, 05:57:18 PM
I don't think it's fear. Some black people genuinely don't care about these issues, especially if it doesn't affect them directly. And especially when it has to do with entertainment/modeling, etc.
!!!

And with Will, I can't really get mad. That Fag is as A list as you can get and has no problems booking a film. I can't blame him if the issue rarely crosses his mind. Although I'm sure he's more than aware.

Mel.

it does affect them.
which is why they don't get any roles, get nominated nor win...

it's all related.

Herb.

January 18, 2016, 06:10:49 PM #70 Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:11:38 PM by Herbie
Quote from: 사랑가시 on January 18, 2016, 06:09:49 PM
it does affect them.
which is why they don't get any roles, get nominated nor win...

it's all related.
There's a difference between something affecting you, and actually feeling and knowing its effect.

Mel.

and just because the business is one way
doesn't mean you should just settle and not want a change to happen

Mel.

I guess luv...

but blacks will continue getting stomped on until they stand up and take action
I'm all for what Jada is doing

god bless.

Herb.

January 18, 2016, 06:13:21 PM #73 Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 06:14:55 PM by Herbie
Quote from: 사랑가시 on January 18, 2016, 06:11:09 PM
and just because the business is one way
doesn't mean you should just settle and not want a change to happen
Well, have you gone out marching about mistreatment against blacks in our communities? Did you step out and protest about the "stop and frisk" law that they passed years ago that clearly targeted minorities in NYC, which in turn would affect you when you went out your door as a person of color?

Or were you somewhere else praising Taylor Swift and enjoying yourself?

This is the difference I am referring to. Just because you opted not to take action doesn't mean you were scared.