YouTube deletes two official R Kelly channels - still available on YT music

Started by Annie, October 06, 2021, 05:31:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Interesting situation 
on one hand this does seem kind of extreme, and also like they're trying to get extra woke points because it's not like they legally had to do this, they're just trying to impress ppl. 
It's not like his music is topping the charts and if I remember correctly, Molest signed away the rights to his music a while ago which is why he's broke and couldn't even bail himself out of jail in the beginning. All this is take away ppls choice to listen to his songs 

but on the other hand, he's trash and deserves anything negative that's coming to him. So I don't wanna defend him at all and don't mind if all streaming platforms follow suit 

Vonc2002

Quote from: Annie on October 06, 2021, 08:04:34 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 06, 2021, 07:46:03 AM
Can u fckn imagine? I dont like what u did so we're gonna decide what happens with ur shit. Thank god law isn't in the hands of the public :plzstop:
If ANYTHING his money goes to his kids. We're gonna donate ur mess to abuse victims :uhh:

Exactly thank God a judge convicted him because the public kept enabling and putting money in his pockets by buying music and going to concerts. The whole industry (Jay-z, Gaga, Alexander Wang, Wendy Williams, Da Brat to name a few) endorsed him for way too long. That's why he continued to abuse women.
Since ur handing out blame. Blame aaliyah's parents for being bad fckn parents. Aaliyah was a lil hoe like alot of young girls. The difference is alot of people's parents arent wrapping their daughter up and sending them off to the pedophile in a fckn bow. Didnt I just read sumn about her mother being an advocate for him working on OIAM? :dead:
MANY people enabled rkelly including  Barry, including those terrible ass parents, AND Aaliyah too tbh. So that's my point in here. If we calling people to the carpet and placing blame, let's make sure the blame is evenly distributed up in this mf. So if we pulling R.Kellys disco than let's pull a ton of other mfs
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

FRANCE

Quote from: Annie on October 06, 2021, 08:00:47 AM
He is a convicted criminal who used his music and status to abuse people. He didn't follow YouTube's guidelines, so they can do whatever they want. He should be happy his music is still available for streaming on YT music. And that's that. He didn't get erased from the complete internet, a company can do whatever they want. He's not entitled to a place on a platform, he should be treated just like other people who get banned/demonetized or get accounts deleted for criminal behavior.

Quote from: Atlanta yra karalius. 🤷🏾 on October 06, 2021, 08:12:19 AM
And that is YouTubes platform

R. Kelly had a space there as a USER and they removed him

They call the shots on their platform . They felt it was necessary as per their preexisting policies and all the media coverage this case has gotten + his conviction . and I honestly can't find much room to argue it isn't

If he was smart he's stashed away a lot of his money instead of spending on lollipops to wave out of a van door.

All of this. YT can do whatever THEY want on THEIR platform. R Kelly's "estate" can always find some other source for others to watch his videos if he cares to.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Vonc2002 on October 06, 2021, 08:18:42 AM
Can u fckn imagine? I dont like what u did so we're gonna decide what happens with ur shit. Thank god law isn't in the hands of the public :plzstop:
If ANYTHING his money goes to his kids. We're gonna donate ur mess to abuse victims :uhh:

Exactly thank God a judge convicted him because the public kept enabling and putting money in his pockets by buying music and going to concerts. The whole industry (Jay-z, Gaga, Alexander Wang, Wendy Williams, Da Brat to name a few) endorsed him for way too long. That's why he continued to abuse women.
Aaliyah was a lil hoe like alot of young girls. The difference is alot of people's parents arent wrapping their daughter up and sending them off to the pedophile in a fckn bow.
:omgwatshappening:

Annie

R. Kelly's Publishing Catalog Is for Sale, But What's It Worth? 
QuoteIn the past few years, both RCA and Universal Music Publishing Group have dropped Kelly, although both still own rights to his work, and he scuttled a planned tour outside the United States. So, in order to raise money, Kelly has been quietly shopping his publishing catalog, according to two music asset buyers who were approached about a possible purchase. Although the catalog includes over a dozen top 10 Billboard Hot 100hits recorded by Kelly, as well as songs for AaliyahMichael Jackson and others, a buyer hasn't been found. A representative for Kelly declined to comment.

"It has been offered to me a number of times by his team, and of course, I've said no for the obvious reasons," says Merck Mercuriadis, Hipgnosis Songs Fund founder and CEO of The Family (Music) Ltd., adding that the last discussion took place about six months ago. Kelly himself sang most of his biggest hits, and Mercuriadis believes that listeners will have an even harder time separating the man from his music if he's found guilty. "There are incredible songs in that catalog," he says, "but why would you take that kind of risk?"

Another music asset buyer who passed on a purchase two years ago was even more blunt: "We wouldn't go near it with a 10-foot pole."Other asset buyers Billboard spoke with say they haven't been approached but could potentially be interested, although they would try to make a deal quietly in order to avoid attention.
Read more 
[ You must login or register to view this Spoiler! ]

https://www.billboard.com/articles/business/publishing/9619895/r-kelly-money-publishing-catalog-for-sale/ - August 2021

/.\

Annie

Since ur handing out blame. Blame aaliyah's parents for being bad fckn parents. Aaliyah was a lil hoe like alot of young girls. The difference is alot of people's parents arent wrapping their daughter up and sending them off to the pedophile in a fckn bow. Didnt I just read sumn about her mother being an advocate for him working on OIAM? :dead:
MANY people enabled rkelly including  Barry, including those terrible ass parents, AND Aaliyah too tbh. So that's my point in here. If we calling people to the carpet and placing blame, let's make sure the blame is evenly distributed up in this mf. So if we pulling R.Kellys disco than let's pull a ton of other mfs

Victim blaming? Fancy  :butwait!:

/.\

Annie

And that type of attitude let's monsters like R Kelly get away with crimes for over a decade. 

/.\

Annie

It's ok to stan for someone music, it's ok to feel sad that his career is crumbling. But don't become a rape apologist. 

/.\

Vonc2002

Quote from: Annie on October 06, 2021, 08:29:06 AM

Victim blaming? Fancy  :butwait!:
Yup. She allowed a predator to roam the streets for yrs and said nothing. Sometimes the victims deserve a lil blame too
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Plastic.

best selling female rapper of all time

Vonc2002

Oh I'm not a rape ANYTHING. I've been one of the main people on here cheering for. R.Kellys downfall. I'm just assigning blame accordingly.  No I dont think anyone that's been around him.and enabled him for yrs is innocent.....and that includes Aaliyah.  SORRY!

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: RAY7 on October 06, 2021, 08:18:06 AM
Interesting situation
on one hand this does seem kind of extreme, and also like they're trying to get extra woke points because it's not like they legally had to do this, they're just trying to impress ppl.

YT have a pre-exisiting condition, they're just following their own rules.
This stipulation has been there for years
The only reason why this is a big deal its because it's R.Kelly and not some unknown no name blogger

Vonc2002

Quote from: FxckDemCrackers on October 06, 2021, 08:37:20 AM
dfxfdsf not pushing blame on the child  :dead:
She died as a grown woman. I dont remember her ever saying ANYTHING about anything at any point.  Yea, shes an enabler as well

Dr Naomi Campbell

This isn't anything edgy or new, YT have been disabling, demontising and banning accounts for years, it's only because it's R.Kelly it's a big deal.
If they hadn't it would have seemed like their favouring him because of his status.