Jimmy Kimmel said TOO BAD NIGGAS! Keep cryin over the oscars!

Started by Genesis, January 22, 2016, 03:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rxxf

look, when the fuck is angela bassett gonna be honored?!
she needs ha just due!
:omgwatshappening:
BRANDY

tigernathan

Quote from: Rajesha on January 22, 2016, 05:31:51 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on January 22, 2016, 05:27:47 PM
Quote from: Rajesha on January 22, 2016, 05:22:42 PM
But if you keep it this way, white people will have tons of heroes to look up too and blacks will look like flops in the future.

...because they weren't given an award? That sounds kind of superficial.

Why do you think country PUMP so much money into beauty pageants, Olympic sports events, NASA programs, fund science projects etc. They want their nation to be PERCHED in history. It is all just titles and Awards, but for the future generation it is pride and self esteem. And simply being associated with greatness will up your outside perception. Because many Latinas were deemed the most beautiful, people consider Hispanic women often times pretty be default, same how blacks get stereotyped as whatever they are "historically" known for.

Leaving traces is crucial.

You make a good point too.

SUPREME

Quote from: imaan. on January 22, 2016, 05:29:16 PM
White people rack these awards yearly so what makes 2016 so different? Negroes sit. Always wanting to debate and moan over something. FOH.

Debate about the important things. Like the HIV rate, poverty, obesity and broken families in the community. Not an award.

There are many black legends who were never awarded or acclaimed outside of the black community yet they managed to make an impact in their respective industry.
I agree

I don't think awards hold as much weight as everyone is trying to make it seem

I don't think people hold Beyonce or Mariah for example, in such high regard because of the Grammy or 18 #1s

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: H??R J?RD∆Ń on January 22, 2016, 05:29:35 PM
Quote from: Amara on January 22, 2016, 05:25:07 PM
We need our own writers and studios and our own platforms.
All these awards were created for whites by whites, we always cackle and devalue our own accomplishments and platforms for the whities.

I agree with this
!!!!

AIDS!

If we had proper studios, amazing writers, directors and producers(who are actually out there, but can't get work), black people wouldn't even care about the oscars.
We need our own, if we poured money and support into the platforms we already have, instead of comparing them to outlets that have 10x the money and backing we have, we'd wouldn't be having this dialogue
I think it's time we created and nourished our own, instead of fighting for what the whites don't want to give us, it implies no matter what we accomplish or achieve, deep down it'll never be 'white' so it's not good enough

RAY7

Quote from: Amara on January 22, 2016, 05:30:17 PM
At least Jada opened the floor to much needed dialogue though
If there's one positive thing about this, it's that people are talking.
Now if they continue that concern...that's another problem :dead:
right
and the dialogue needs to be had. It's not like ppl are begging
The point of what Jada said is if they won't recognize us, we should stop supporting. The next move SHOULD be to support more Black shows
but wait until they happen jeez  :uhh:

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

The issue for me is that every single time we raise an issue it's always "why not this or why not that" why can't we do it all? Why can't we attack it all at once. You have blacks speaking out against every injustice there is not just one. This Oscars injust is just the latest one.

Why fight the change we are trying to succeed? Why not just support and stand United? That's the problem with Blacks in General. We do so much to tear each other down. The shit is sad and it really makes these kinds of discussions uncomfortable for me.

SUPREME

Quote from: Amara on January 22, 2016, 05:35:48 PM
If we had proper studios, amazing writers, directors and producers(who are actually out there, but can't get work), black people wouldn't even care about the oscars.
We need our own, if we poured money and support into the platforms we already have, instead of comparing them to outlets that have 10x the money and backing we have, we'd wouldn't be having this dialogue
I think it's time we created and nourished our own, instead of fighting for what the whites don't want to give us, it implies no matter what we accomplish or achieve, deep down it'll never be 'white' so it's not good enough
right

It's why I appreciate Tyler, even though he's trash. Cause there's trash in every demographic

I just wish some others could begin to have the breakthrough he had. We haven't really had anyone like him in a while.

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: Amara on January 22, 2016, 05:35:48 PM
Preach luv

:butwait!:

SouravMay

I'm sorry I don't want my people to look like flops in classes about history and human culture. Either fill them shits up with niggers, or destroy the institution. It's annoying enough that all the great things are officially "European", all the biggest films, all the biggest sports event winners, all the great scientific accomplishments, all the best "writers", "poets"...
etc.

B7

yummy

well, maybe it is a personal thing. I'm not looking to the person with the most awards and trophies as the harbinger of talent nor I'm shitting on the person who didn't get recognized by the the majority...

but that's just me :bvy:

AIDS!

I thought you didn't consider yourself black
And that's no shade

RAY7

January 22, 2016, 05:40:23 PM #117 Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 05:41:41 PM by inluvwitbran
Quote from: H??R J?RD∆Ń on January 22, 2016, 05:36:55 PM
The issue for me is that every single time we raise an issue it's always "why not this or why not that" why can't we do it all? Why can't we attack it all at once. You have blacks speaking out against every injustice there is not just one. This Oscars injust is just the latest one.

Why fight the change we are trying to succeed? Why not just support and stand United? That's the problem with Blacks in General. We do so much to tear each other down. The shit is sad and it really makes these kinds of discussions uncomfortable for me.
exactly EVERY TIME it never fails. Now ppl are complaining about how Black ppl are mad about the Oscars because "insert other tragedy or issue" that's the brainwashing in us. Always have to stop one movement to try to start another and never accomplish anything

Rxxf

there also needs to be someone WILLING to take risks!!
i love tyler perry, but it delivers certain material that is not progressive, to maybe no fault of his own - because he thinks that's what the people want or say they want.

i remember when Hollywood Divas were talking about their WITCH SHOW project
Bitch, I would be PERCHED to watch an all black female witch TV show.
Shit, I even want Brandy in a supernatural mess.
But they shot it down.
There needs to be someone who's willing to take films to the next level for black actors, IMO.
BRANDY

Cowboy Nine

It's crazy to me how Will and Jada can sit on Overbrook and complain

You ain't helping
:bvy: