Jimmy Kimmel said TOO BAD NIGGAS! Keep cryin over the oscars!

Started by Genesis, January 22, 2016, 03:32:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RekeRig

Quote from: L0NZ. on January 22, 2016, 04:30:24 PM
I quickly clicked to Twitter, to ask him what the fuck relevancy ebonics has to what's going on, and I see this

QuoteI do care.Was trying to poke fun at the film industry, not those it excludes.For offending those I intended to defend, I am sorry.

I read a little more, and see someone say, "I can see why, but I think it's more of a dig @ how Hollywood views the role of black people in films."

And I kinda get it.

But yea, poor taste.
interesting. But still, not worth it. He could have even prefaced the jokes with that thought process, and the jokes would have come off a lot differently

The fact that he didn't, tells me that this is just damage control.

RAY7

It's gonna be interesting the next time a "Jennifer Hudson acts better than Beyonce because she has an Oscar" thread pops up

yummy

Quote from: Rajesha on January 22, 2016, 05:22:42 PM
But if you keep it this way, white people will have tons of heroes to look up too and blacks will look like flops in the future.

...because they weren't given an award? That sounds kind of superficial.

Zankou.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on January 22, 2016, 05:27:47 PM
But if you keep it this way, white people will have tons of heroes to look up too and blacks will look like flops in the future.

!!

AIDS!

Quote from: inluvwitbran on January 22, 2016, 05:27:39 PM
It's gonna be interesting the next time a "Jennifer Hudson acts better than Beyonce because she has an Oscar" thread pops up
:plzstop:

tigernathan

White people rack these awards yearly so what makes 2016 so different? Negroes sit. Always wanting to debate and moan over something. FOH.

Debate about the important things. Like the HIV rate, poverty, obesity and broken families in the community. Not an award.

There are many black legends who were never awarded or acclaimed outside of the black community yet they managed to make an impact in their respective industry.

∧ ∨ ∩ ∪

Quote from: Amara on January 22, 2016, 05:25:07 PM
We need our own writers and studios and our own platforms.
All these awards were created for whites by whites, we always cackle and devalue our own accomplishments and platforms for the whities.

I agree with this

AIDS!

At least Jada opened the floor to much needed dialogue though
If there's one positive thing about this, it's that people are talking.
Now if they continue that concern...that's another problem :dead:

yummy

Quote from: imaan. on January 22, 2016, 05:29:16 PM
There are many black legends who were never awarded or acclaimed outside of the black community yet they managed to make an impact in their respective industry.

tigernathan

d

or when you mention Beyonce's Grammys over her BET Awards. Oh.

But equality! #OscarsSoDamnWhite!

Vonc2002

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Because thats how we truly decide if we love someone as an actor or not, if they have an Academy award :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

AIDS!

Quote from: imaan. on January 22, 2016, 05:30:45 PM

d

But equality! #OscarsSoDamnWhite!

g

Vonc2002

Quote from: ANIMMAI on January 22, 2016, 05:30:20 PM
Quote from: imaan. on January 22, 2016, 05:29:16 PM
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

SouravMay

Why do you think countries PUMP so much money into beauty pageants, Olympic sports events, NASA programs, fund science projects etc. They want their nation to be PERCHED in history. It is all just titles and Awards, but for the future generation it is pride and self esteem. And simply being associated with greatness will up your outside perception. Because many Latinas were deemed the most beautiful, people consider Hispanic women often times pretty be default, same how blacks get stereotyped as whatever they are "historically" known for.

Leaving traces is crucial.
B7

RAY7

Quote from: imaan. on January 22, 2016, 05:30:45 PM

d

never did that though
but oh REBUTTAL!
:kii: