Ack! Lil Nas Makes It Plain & Calls Out BET & Homophobia In The Black Community

Started by Freemala Harris, June 08, 2022, 03:16:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/1534364382364311553?s=20&t=hsSYksD1Us3spMnFuTKFqg

This is why he's the head zorl. I love his boldness, call it OWT

Fuck is a cracker Grammy when your own community wont recognize you

Cause when you're no longer "hot", the black community/queers are the only ones that will TRULY hold an artist down.

Freemala Harris

And see, this is why you gotta be bold

That got BET to respond with a PR owt QUICK huh? 'Diversity! Inclu'!

That'll get them to move even if its for PR

Keep your foot on their necks quing

Young

He should have atleast 1 nom easily 

there's just no way or legit excuse 

Drogon

CHOKE

Ccvvvvvvvvbbbbbbbb

I never know when my sis is playin or not

Cute self 

formation

So he was nominated before

I was here thinking they legit never nominated him before which to me was definitely suspect and shady considering all he's done

But then again when I think about it if he was nominated for "best new artist" it probably had more to do with "old town road" before he started getting more tangy.

and once he got a lil too tangy for them they were like :calmdownsis: so the timeline is still very suspect
Grandma, grandpa, and their grandmas ❤️

Cowgirl

Ulysses

I wish BET would have just said "Yeah. You're not nominated. Sorry". This is the perfect example of when someone sees success and they think they deserve the world. Entitlement at its finest. He needs to take about 1,000 seats 

BrandonBranlee

Maybe the people who give out Bet Awards are like me and thought his music was nothing special. Crying about not being nominated for A bet award gets no sympathy from me. 

Justice Jackson

Quote from: BrandonBranlee on June 08, 2022, 10:02:03 AM
Maybe the people who give out Bet Awards are like me and thought his music was nothing special. Crying about not being nominated for A bet award gets no sympathy from me.
Ketanji Jackson has come this far by faith.

Ketanji Brown will still beatcho ass.

RAY7

I don't listen to any of his music but based on how popular it is, it's definitely expected that he would get nominated. The fact that he only has ONE nomination and that was years ago even though he's put out plenty of successful music and is Black is just kinda weird. Since when have the BET Awards been strictly about quality? There's been a few years where Beyoncé was nominated and had barely put 1 song out the whole year. It's just not making sense 

Nine

Quote from: Drogon on June 08, 2022, 04:14:58 AM
Fuck dem and never acknowledge them again
basically!

:cheerup:

they're a complete useless show and network anyway

unless your into Baby Boy re-reuns

PRESSED

His music doesn't cater to their audience, tbh.
Jason Derulo has hits every era and BET doesn't acknowledge him. Maybe if he made urban music and stopped trying to coat everything he does in antics and his sexuality, they would highlight him. I feel like he's using BET as a promotional tool for a new era and it's in bad taste. They can't and will not nominate every black artist that has music out. Where was this energy for the other award shows that didn't nod him or even award him for that matter. He has no respect for BET and it's evident. They did right. Stay mad, faggot.
I'm not here for friends.

RAY7

Quote from: PRESSED on June 08, 2022, 11:37:13 AM
His music doesn't cater to their audience, tbh.

but if this is the case why did they book him to perform TWICE?