Complex Simplicity

Started by 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉, March 19, 2023, 09:57:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉

Whew, this album :gorlonfire:

I actually downloaded this album like 12 years ago, but forgot that I wanted to check it out. :dead:  So all these years later I find the zip file on my PC and I gave it a few listens. Such a solid, well produced R&B album. :stressed:

Cowgirl

I've never listened to this album but it's like one of the best album covers. Maybe I'll listen today.

Gilgamesh.

Classic album. Queen should have written more for other artists after this.

Aalonso.

March 19, 2023, 11:00:17 AM #3 Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 11:29:49 AM by L0NZ.
Quote from: 𝖘𝖖𝖚𝖎𝖉 on March 19, 2023, 09:57:01 AMWhew, this album :gorlonfire:

I actually downloaded this album like 12 years ago, but forgot that I wanted to check it out. :dead:  So all these years later I find the zip file on my PC and I gave it a few listens. Such a solid, well produced R&B album. :stressed:

are you fucking KIDDING me?

i'm mad at that. this holds a very strong, nostalgic place in my mind. I feel like theres a certain time period in everyone's lives where everything just hits more, means more, and lasts longer than it does when we're older. Like all of the things we stan from childhood to sometime in the early 20's, our likes are woven into our DNA or sum, relentlessly, and after that we can recognize good music, but it's not a part of our development and new experiences. So for those that listen past 25, 30, I'm happy that you know this is good fkn album but WHEW.

my faves were always

^^ Just beautiful but also morbid and melancholy. The main melody always gets
me.

stellar clean production, like some modern disco soul

djdjdjdjdj perfect songssss dhfjfjfjfjf.

Justice Jackson

I was ratchet when this came out so I always liked You Better Tell Her  :dead:
Ketanji Jackson has come this far by faith.

Ketanji Brown will still beatcho ass.

Aalonso.

Quote from: Justice Jackson on March 19, 2023, 02:42:30 PMI was ratchet when this came out so I always liked You Better Tell Her  :dead:

lol I get it, but worst thing on there. I only like the "and listen daddy I'm too cute to fight, you betta get.that.bitch told tonight"

Aalonso.

and I dont ever want to deal with this again. you better tell her  :watchit:

Demetri Thorpe🤴🏾

March 19, 2023, 09:01:51 PM #7 Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 09:05:53 PM by DemetriusRocka 🤴🏾
It's a great album. I use to get so mad when my friends said it was better than afrodisiac.
French Exit ♻️

It's not a broken heart if I don't break it
"Goodbye" doesn't hurt if I don't say it
And I really hope you'll understand it
Only way to go is a French exit

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

DopeSoul.

This album is a vibe

It's crafted very well

DopeSoul.

And the original album cover>

What is this new mess

:udontlookok:

bby ddy

Classic album and it aged like wine. It still sounds good almost 20 years later.

Marilyn

I'm a stan stan. I remember being so excited that she signed with Ross and ain't shit pop off. It was fucked up to raise my hopes like that. I thought sis was about to get NOTICED.

Ulysses

Great album.

"Rescue Me"
"Last Day"
"Be Your Girl"

Absolute faves from the album.

I woulda just left off "Better Tell Her" and "You'll Never Find" and it's nearly a perfect album.

STUNNA GOD

March 20, 2023, 09:26:21 PM #13 Last Edit: March 20, 2023, 09:26:33 PM by Georgina Sparks

Two of my favorite songs of ALLL time. 🥹

You shoulda led the thread with these

Aalonso.

Quote from: Georgina Sparks on March 20, 2023, 09:26:21 PM

Two of my favorite songs of ALLL time. 🥹

You shoulda led the thread with these

gemsssssssss