spirit of The Grapevine is back with "Stranger Fruit"

Started by formation, May 21, 2023, 08:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formation

for the gorls who followed The Grapevine youtube mess

you prob noticed they've shut their doors for good

but Donovan Thompson's fine self is continuing his unwavering fight against anti-Blackness with what is clearly his spin off.... "Stranger Fruit"

only twist with this series is that he has a Latina co-host and they dive into Latinx issues
BUT they still bring it all back to how Black people within those communities are affected.  :butwait!:

it never turns into some "we got it bad too yall!", oppression olympics mess

and the production value is much better on this show IMO. the camera work, the graphics...i'm happy it's catching on.

Donovan is literally everything. someone put "hubby material" in the dictionary just so we can perch his pic next to it

collect ur got damn things king.

Grandma, grandpa, and their grandmas ❤️

RAY7

I was watching a few episodes last week
It's very interesting and entertaining
Glad they're not including ppl who are purposely against everyone else just to spark debates and insults

Gilgamesh.

I watched an episode a couple weeks back. It seems more controlled than TGV.

Murrah

Quote from: 325 👊🏾 on May 21, 2023, 08:20:59 PMDonovan is literally everything. someone put "hubby material" in the dictionary just so we can perch his pic next to it

He's with a Yte man love. He's using this platform to overcompensate for his bedroom behavior.

RAY7

Quote from: Murrah on May 22, 2023, 01:03:32 PM
Quote from: 325 👊🏾 on May 21, 2023, 08:20:59 PMDonovan is literally everything. someone put "hubby material" in the dictionary just so we can perch his pic next to it

He's with a Yte man love. He's using this platform to overcompensate for his bedroom behavior.
well love is love I guess

formation

May 22, 2023, 01:45:08 PM #5 Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 02:12:21 PM by 325 👊🏾
Quote from: Murrah on May 22, 2023, 01:03:32 PM

He's with a Yte man love.
and that literally lessens none of the impact his platform has had or any of the work he's put in

I honestly don't care if he's laying down with an iguana . He's doing what needs to be done ...

Quote from: MurrahHe's using this platform to overcompensate for his bedroom behavior.

......And if laying down with an iguana compels him to do what needs to be done , so be it

The rule of "intent vs impact" will always apply.

Now the day you see him laying down with a lizard AND promoting anti-blackness ... Please let me know so I can drag him accordingly
Grandma, grandpa, and their grandmas ❤️