BET Give Mya Her Flowers

Started by Lazarus, August 25, 2023, 04:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DopeSoul.

Quote from: Sovereign. on August 26, 2023, 12:01:40 AMOutside of being such a dynamic performer, Mya's ability to explore multiple genres and do it seamlessly is what set her a part from Brandy, Aaliyah and Monica. I think because she's such a talented performer, her music allowed her to play and experiment more with her sound. I'm glad she's finally getting her flowers.
niece...

Lazarus

August 26, 2023, 10:38:49 AM #16 Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 10:39:25 AM by Lazarus
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on August 26, 2023, 10:29:47 AM
Quote from: Lazarus on August 25, 2023, 10:37:23 PM
Quote from: Young on August 25, 2023, 04:51:35 PMIt's time for her lady of soul mess

Hoping so.

Who would you want to tribute her?

I'd say Victoria Monet, Normani, and Chole Bailey. They've expressed admiration for Mya.

Gilgamesh.

I agree, I'd add Kehlani and Tinashe too.

Sovereign.

I suppose my word choice was a bit of a reach, but essentially the point I'm making is that in hindsight because of her of talent as a dancer/performer, she was able to record records like "Case of the Ex", "Lady Marmalade" and "Girls Dem Sugar" all of which are different genres.

DopeSoul.

Quote from: Sovereign. on August 26, 2023, 10:47:01 AMI suppose my word choice was a bit of a reach, but essentially the point I'm making is that in hindsight because of her of talent as a dancer/performer, she was able to record records like "Case of the Ex", "Lady Marmalade" and "Girls Dem Sugar" all of which are different genres.
that's fair  :blush:

Lazarus

Quote from: Sovereign. on August 26, 2023, 10:47:01 AMI suppose my word choice was a bit of a reach, but essentially the point I'm making is that in hindsight because of her of talent as a dancer/performer, she was able to record records like "Case of the Ex", "Lady Marmalade" and "Girls Dem Sugar" all of which are different genres.

I see where you was trying to go with it because she does dabble in different genres of music but your wording was way off.