Doja Cat - “Scarlet” Album Discussion

Started by JCJ 🪐, September 21, 2023, 11:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCJ 🪐

From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Cowgirl

September 21, 2023, 11:43:35 AM #1 Last Edit: September 21, 2023, 04:01:07 PM by Red Ruby
I don't like how Doja tries to diss Hot Pink and Planet Her whenever she has the chance whenScarlet sounds the same, only difference is dark visuals. All great albums but yea, she needs to stop trying to down those 2.

Annie

I feel like she's wasting a lot of great beats with boring, generic lyrics. Production and samples are really good so far, but she could use better writers.

/.\

Brandy's Unconditional Ocean

Quote from: Annie on September 21, 2023, 03:18:33 PMI feel like she's wasting a lot of great beats with boring, generic lyrics. Production and samples are really good so far, but she could use better writers.
I expect better lyrics too. Maybe the album is better than the singles. We'll see  :ermm:

JCJ 🪐

JCJ 🪐

JCJ 🪐

September 22, 2023, 02:47:14 AM #7 Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 03:01:31 AM by JCJ
Most of the first half is a mess. The second half is cute though

Agora Hills
Can't Wait
Love Life
Skull & Bones
Attention
Balut
WYM

Nonchalantboi

September 22, 2023, 05:24:10 AM #8 Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 05:27:15 AM by Nonchalantboi
The whole album is lit as fuck..she really don't need features. The album gives me a bit of the 90s vibe style rapping while still modern. I think this may be my fave album from her so far she give me everything I needed and wanted from her.
Some of the lyrics are very nursery rhyming but I wasn't expecting complexity either lol Doja did her thang her I respect her artistry.

🔥🔥🔥

Young

Is it safe to listen to?

Queen seems a bit different this era

But that VMA's performance >>>

Killa Kipp

Quote from: Young on September 22, 2023, 10:25:09 AMIs it safe to listen to?

That performance was fucking perfection

It's a fiancé.....
💍

Eat ya fucking 🥢 ♥️ out....
😝😝😝

#SpicyPrinceCharming
#KippDaddy

Young

Quote from: Killa Kipp on September 22, 2023, 12:30:28 PM
Quote from: Young on September 22, 2023, 10:25:09 AMIs it safe to listen to?

That performance was fucking perfection

She realllly gets it

Artist through and through

FAMÈ

Quote from: Annie on September 21, 2023, 03:18:33 PMI feel like she's wasting a lot of great beats with boring, generic lyrics. Production and samples are really good so far, but she could use better writers.
What exactly should she say?

I'm curious

FAMÈ

DopeSoul.

This is definitely her best album

For me...

Sometimes her voice can be very annoying and corny tho