Do you remember the very first time you heard Brandy’s voice? How did you feel

Started by Brandy's Unconditional Ocean, November 05, 2023, 06:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandy's Unconditional Ocean

And what did you think of it? Did it take you a while to become a fan or was it instant for you? Cinderella made me a stan
 :plzstop:

:wub:

Brandy's Unconditional Ocean

November 05, 2023, 06:03:33 PM #1 Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 06:03:47 PM by Brandy's Unconditional Ocean
I've been listening to the new Christmas song and i just :blink: there's no voice quite like Brandy's to this day

:omf:

long-timeTheRoofFan

I was outside an arcade in the early 90's and Baby was playing at a teen dance that was going on inside. I sat outside listening thinking I couldn't wait to be a teen and go to the dance. I eventually ended up with the CD and always felt very grown / teenage listening to it.

:dead:

ReVon

WHEN I HEARD HER SING "YOU BRING ME JOY" ON THEA IN THE 90'S.
I ABSOLUTELY HATED HER CHARACTER'S ATTITUDE ON THEA BUT
THE WAY ALL THAT SHIT WENT OUT THE WINDOW AND I INSTANTLY
FELL IN LOVE WITH HER IN THAT VERY MOMENT. I KNEW RIGHT
THEN AND THERE SHE WAS A WHITNEY FAN LIKE ME BECAUSE SHE
MADE ME FEEL THE WAY WHITNEY MADE ME FEEL. IT'S JUST A
INSTANT EAR-TO-VOICE-TO-FEELINGS TYPE CONNECTION THERE I CAN'T REALLY PUT INTO WORDS.

:flamebroiled:  :gorlonfire:  :flamebroiled:

STUNNA GOD

I can't really "remember" the first time. But I loved Brandy since the age of 3. Before bootlegs were even a thing, my uncle used to make us bootleg cassette tapes to travel with from NY to down south for the holidays. And one was apparently Brandy's self-titled album and that's when I was first introduced to her. My dad would always play Toni Braxton or Luther, my mom would play Frankie Beverly & Maze or Anita, my sis would play Koolio or some white mess, and I would play Brandy.

But Always On My Mind was always my fav... I remember my connection to that one most vividly.

Purple Moon

Probably sometime as a child I either heard TBIM or HYE, i remember my sister had the HYE cd single. Then I really loved Another day in paradise, when it came out, the video came on the Tv all the time. She wasn't really on my radar much after that until one day I randomly found the What have you done for me ft. Riff raff leak in the top favorited youtube videos chart and was hooked. Found out about Bsource through that weird Chatbox thingy she had on her myspace shortly after (i think this was around the countdown for RHD) and have been a stan ever since.
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Lazarus

I Wanna Be Down/Her first album. My older cousin put me on to her, Monica, and Aaliyah. She closer to their age than I am.

DopeSoul.

I was too young to process "vocals" but I just knew I liked what I heard

Dee

It was the TBIM video. The scene when Bran had on that long beige/brownish dress. I was more in awe of her beauty and my mom noticed. Bran used to give me chocolate Pocahontas when I was much younger.

My mom is more guilty/responsible for me being a stan because she soon introduced me to Moesha, her music, and even Thea(which premiered before I was even born). I've been hooked ever since