Fantasia and Danielle Brooks Nominated for Golden Globes

Started by JCJ 🪐, December 11, 2023, 11:42:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Summertime

December 11, 2023, 05:45:33 PM #15 Last Edit: December 11, 2023, 05:57:25 PM by Summertime
Quote from: M-Rocka on December 11, 2023, 04:41:27 PMThe Color Purple better get some Oscar nods and this adaptation better win something unlike the 1985 version.

It looks like it will get overlooked at least for a win. I've been seeing the trades list Barbie, Killers of flower moon, and Oppenheimer as the major productions predicted to get a best picture Oscar nom.

Buy The Stars✨

how is barbie even nominated for anything.  that movie was HORRIBLE from start to finish.

happy for fanny and tastee 

JCJ 🪐

I enjoyed Barbie but yeah...the fact that Golden Globes nominated THREE songs from that movie instead of Halle's songs from TCP and TLM
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: JCJ on December 11, 2023, 06:21:19 PMI enjoyed Barbie but yeah...the fact that Golden Globes nominated THREE songs from that movie instead of Halle's songs from TCP and TLM

!!! it makes no sense at all

JCJ 🪐

I honestly don't see them winning anything this season. Hope I'm wrong though

Ulysses

Guys, we haven't seen the movie or heard the music yet. We can't say they deserve anything just yet. Especially if we don't know if Fanny's acting has improved or not.

Vonc2002

Barbie was terrible and I didn't like Oppenheimer either
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

M-Rocka

Quote from: Summertime on December 11, 2023, 05:45:33 PM
Quote from: M-Rocka on December 11, 2023, 04:41:27 PMThe Color Purple better get some Oscar nods and this adaptation better win something unlike the 1985 version.

It looks like it will get overlooked at least for a win. I've been seeing the trades list Barbie, Killers of flower moon, and Oppenheimer as the major productions predicted to get a best picture Oscar nom.

Eeek, well I hope that's not the case.

JCJ 🪐

Some of the shit that's being nominated (that I've seen) shouldn't be getting all of this attention (regardless of how TCP is). And I can guarantee it'll be better than at least of couple of them...especially considering all the praise from critics so far.

Also I just want black people to win. So shut the fuck up

Summertime

Quote from: M-Rocka on December 11, 2023, 08:21:35 PM
Quote from: Summertime on December 11, 2023, 05:45:33 PM

Eeek, well I hope that's not the case.

I think if Martin Scorsese didn't release this season then maybe they could get a best picture oscars win.  Entertainment Weekly has The Color Purple listed as a predicted nominee, but KOFM as the predicted winner. Best Picture has 10 nomination slots so I think it's a sure thing it'll get a nomination.

EW is predicting Ryan Gosling to win for Barbie in supporting over Deniro, Ruffalo, RDJ, and Charles Melton.  If Barbie does a sweep or gets the major categories at the big awards then you know the studios are really buying awards :plzstop: .

Zankou.

Quote from: Ulysses on December 11, 2023, 08:08:00 PMGuys, we haven't seen the movie or heard the music yet. We can't say they deserve anything just yet. Especially if we don't know if Fanny's acting has improved or not.

Oh shut up

Lazarus

I wish the cast and movie well. I'd love to see this project walk away with a multitude of awards. 🙏🏾

Lazarus

They were recently honored as a cast for Best Ensemble.

Ulysses

Quote from: Monica is a liar on December 11, 2023, 08:50:47 PM
Quote from: Ulysses on December 11, 2023, 08:08:00 PMGuys, we haven't seen the movie or heard the music yet. We can't say they deserve anything just yet. Especially if we don't know if Fanny's acting has improved or not.

Oh shut up
I'm guessing you've seen it?