Started by Young, March 13, 2016, 09:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

Sorry if I came off combative sis!

Keep enlightening the girls!
B7

Herb.

SouravMay

It's beyond me that a nation with states that up to 50% blacks doesn't teach about cultural heritage and legacy of black African nations.

There is no reason you guys know Greek gods and creatures like Medusa or Hercules, but Chineke sounds like a new Pokemon to you.
B7

Sinpool

Quote from: Rajesha on March 14, 2016, 03:52:40 AM
It's beyond me that a nation with states that up to 50% blacks doesn't teach about cultural heritage and legacy of black African nations.

There is no reason you guys know Greek gods and creatures like Medusa or Hercules, but Chineke sounds like a new Pokemon to you.

;kjNKJfrffffffffffffffffff

Im sorry but  :plzstop:

SouravMay

March 14, 2016, 03:57:16 AM #34 Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 04:00:49 AM by Rajesha
Here in Germany we are so small in number I see why they omit it. But why couldn't have Obama implemented a curriculum change to incorporate more black mythological figures, thinkers and people of excellent legacy. All of that is synthetically and almost arbitrarily selected any way. Why do you guys read Snow White, Pinocchio to your children, when all these stories say, you are not apart of history.

Ugh it makes me fume tbh.

They should pull out some black figures from back in the day and make them standard knowledge.
B7

Sinpool

They actually made a law about that in some states to ban Ethnic studies

Mel.

Young

Young

Quote from: Herbie on March 13, 2016, 11:34:00 PM
Quote from: Young on March 13, 2016, 10:11:21 PM
Quote from: Herbie on March 13, 2016, 09:51:58 PM
I love that image, but it's important to note that Egypt is in North Africa. A majority of Africans who were brought here as slaves had roots in West Africa. They were taken from that coast. So I can appreciate the message but can't clap for its accuracy.

West, North, etc. doesn't sound like much of a difference but it is.

Oh wow true. Didn't really think about it like that. Were any of the Egyptians taken or was it just west mostly?

I do like the message they're trying to tell tho
Mostly the west coast. That's why when we take DNA tests, a majority of us have countries in west Africa listed as major parts of our deep ancestral makeup.

I think a big part of that has to do with how easy it was to transport Africans from the West coast of Africa, back to the states, Caribbean and South America. It's a straight shot across the Atlantic. Instead of going further inland for east Africans, etc.

That's just a personal theory of mines, though.

Definitely makes sense to me

SouravMay

B7

Young

Quote from: Lion Babe on March 14, 2016, 04:00:26 AM
They actually made a law about that in some states to ban Ethnic studies

That's crazy OMG

AIDS!

Ch leave my countries culture alone
How can you turn that shit into a damn hoodie

AIDS!

I love that image, but it's important to note that Egypt is in North Africa. A majority of Africans who were brought here as slaves had roots in West Africa. They were taken from that coast. So I can appreciate the message but can't clap for its accuracy.

I scream whenever I see black people claiming that

AIDS!

March 14, 2016, 05:22:32 AM #43 Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 10:31:31 AM by JAYDEN
Quote from: Herbie on March 13, 2016, 11:34:00 PM
Quote from: Young on March 13, 2016, 10:11:21 PM

Oh wow true. Didn't really think about it like that. Were any of the Egyptians taken or was it just west mostly?

I do like the message they're trying to tell tho
Mostly the west coast. That's why when we take DNA tests, a majority of us have countries in west Africa listed as major parts of our deep ancestral makeup.

I think a big part of that has to do with how easy it was to transport Africans from the West coast of Africa, back to the states, Caribbean and South America. It's a straight shot across the Atlantic. Instead of going further inland for east Africans, etc.

That's just a personal theory of mines, though.

Your right
Slaves weren't taken from those parts because chances were they would die before they had gotten to the coast
They did go as far as South Africa though and some parts of central Africa
But mainly West because of the convience of shops docking along the coast

AIDS!

Quote from: Lion Babe on March 14, 2016, 03:47:25 AM
I love the message but tbh I don't feel it's authentic.

I hate generalized African stuff titled "African"
What culture did that pattern originate idk it's a pet peeve

Most of these hoteps can only name Egypt and maybe Ethiopia anyway so it's not shocking
!!!! The kent? is from the Akan people
So it's Ghana and Ivory Coast
Not the whole fucking continent