It's time to be KINGS and QUEENS Again gorls

Started by Young, March 13, 2016, 09:32:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Young we're >>>><<<<<
I was looking at these on fb and i think they are so dope.  I definitely would purchase one
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Chameleon

Quote from: Young on March 13, 2016, 10:38:22 PM
oh the ones Im getting are hand made and custom fitted lolz

u a damns lie hun

Young

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 13, 2016, 10:42:18 PM
Young we're >>>><<<<<
I was looking at these on fb and i think they are so dope.  I definitely would purchase one

ddsdsdsd

lets rock out nigga :wellheythere:

Herb.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 13, 2016, 10:42:18 PM
Young we're >>>><<<<<
/

Herb.

March 13, 2016, 11:34:00 PM #19 Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:36:21 PM by Herbie
Quote from: Young on March 13, 2016, 10:11:21 PM
Quote from: Herbie on March 13, 2016, 09:51:58 PM
I love that image, but it's important to note that Egypt is in North Africa. A majority of Africans who were brought here as slaves had roots in West Africa. They were taken from that coast. So I can appreciate the message but can't clap for its accuracy.

West, North, etc. doesn't sound like much of a difference but it is.

Oh wow true. Didn't really think about it like that. Were any of the Egyptians taken or was it just west mostly?

I do like the message they're trying to tell tho
Mostly the west coast. That's why when we take DNA tests, a majority of us have countries in west Africa listed as major parts of our deep ancestral makeup.

I think a big part of that has to do with how easy it was to transport Africans from the West coast of Africa, back to the states, Caribbean and South America. It's a straight shot across the Atlantic. Instead of going further inland for east Africans, etc.

That's just a personal theory of mines, though.

RekeRig

Quote from: Young on March 13, 2016, 10:39:10 PM
but tbh i wouldnt care if it was KUNTA

n

they look dope and fly and I wanna rep my people lolz
v;c;vv;v;vv;vvvvvvv  yea i like these

SouravMay

March 14, 2016, 03:33:56 AM #21 Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 03:37:09 AM by Rajesha
Quote from: Herbie on March 13, 2016, 11:34:00 PM
Quote from: Young on March 13, 2016, 10:11:21 PM
Quote from: Herbie on March 13, 2016, 09:51:58 PM
I love that image, but it's important to note that Egypt is in North Africa. A majority of Africans who were brought here as slaves had roots in West Africa. They were taken from that coast. So I can appreciate the message but can't clap for its accuracy.

West, North, etc. doesn't sound like much of a difference but it is.

Oh wow true. Didn't really think about it like that. Were any of the Egyptians taken or was it just west mostly?

I do like the message they're trying to tell tho
Mostly the west coast. That's why when we take DNA tests, a majority of us have countries in west Africa listed as major parts of our deep ancestral makeup.

I think a big part of that has to do with how easy it was to transport Africans from the West coast of Africa, back to the states, Caribbean and South America. It's a straight shot across the Atlantic. Instead of going further inland for east Africans, etc.

That's just a personal theory of mines, though.

Actually they took West Africans because of their impressive physical resilience and endurance. They tried to enslave everybody else but they were too weak.

You know they had West African slaves in India as well because the Desis couldn't take the work load.

As for the clothing. The stuff he shared on the first pic looks typically West African, don't think it's Egyptian wear, especially since the nation is so islamized and arabized nowadays.

But then even West African is not West African, hell even among the Yorubas are so many differences internally. So it's hard to draw the line of "my people", or not.

I think sth. Black/African is a good starting point. Whites wear French/Swedish mess to look fancy too, when in reality they might be Austrian.
B7

Herb.

I know the clothing wasn't Egyptian luv.

I'm referring to the symbolic photo he posted beneath it.
Do you just RUSH to contradict a statement or do you take the time to evaluate what its addressing first

SouravMay

I was just stating something in general. I enjoy your enthusiasm.

Don't think Dorian wants to wear that golden pharaoh hat on pic number two.

And your travel route theory makes sense as well luv.
B7

Herb.

Quote from: Rajesha on March 14, 2016, 03:42:34 AM
I was just stating something in general. I enjoy your enthusiasm.

Don't think Dorian wants to wear that golden pharaoh hat on pic number two.

And your travel route theory makes sense as well luv.
I never said that he wanted to be a Pharoah, or go out the house dressed like one. I am crying :plzstop:
I simply noticed that the picture itself was inaccurate.  :plzstop: American slaves weren't taken from Egypt.

Does that make sense?

Nyan Cat

BAPHOMET.

SouravMay

I do see you were talking about the symbolism of the second  picture and I agree with you herb 100%.

Black Americans need to stop latching onto only Egyptian heritage.
B7

Sinpool

I love the message but tbh I don't feel it's authentic.

I hate generalized African stuff titled "African"
What culture did that pattern originate idk it's a pet peeve

Most of these hoteps can only name Egypt and maybe Ethiopia anyway so it's not shocking

Herb.

Quote from: Rajesha on March 14, 2016, 03:46:32 AM
I do see you were talking about the symbolism of the second  picture and I agree with you herb 100%.

Black Americans need to stop latching onto only Egyptian heritage.
!!!!

Descendants of Pharaohs! Egyptian! Exotic :ohwow:

sd
sd
sd
sd
sd
s
dds
sd
sd
sd