The LSA gorls aren't feeling the "Becky w/ good hair" line

Started by Ashley Bank$, April 24, 2016, 11:09:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowboy Nine

Rxxf

Quote from: Herbie's Podcast on April 24, 2016, 11:51:14 PM
the "good hair" mess is huge down here in the south.

colorism is also painfully obvious as well.

you'll literally have someone telling you their great grandmother was "light skinded."
like i literally had someone to look me in the face and tell me that as if it were a fact of importance or relevance :dead:

that's... eh...  :uhh:
BRANDY

Nyan Cat

Quote from: Herbie's Podcast on April 25, 2016, 12:02:54 AM
Quote from: MAKEDA on April 24, 2016, 11:53:24 PM
Even if he has made a reference to that, I wish she didn't give him or "Beckys" the satisfaction. I mean, this is the same nigga who called Bey, his wife a "high yellow broad" ch... so he was trash from the jump

Like bitch, you're Beyonce.
That good hair comment kinda set shit back a bit. She took steps forward with "Formation" but when I read that "Becky with good hair" mess... Idk guys. But I'm not gonna judge too much. I love this unfiltered Bey tbh. She's not as robotic.

and lets be honest, black women never reference white women as "good hair" :uhh:
Their hair is FLAT. "Good hair" is a Brazilian and Indian tea.

"

FGBNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNHTGRF

Rxxf

BRANDY

Rxxf

BRANDY

JRocka

i get what's she trying to say and she does have a valid point tbh

SUPREME

Quote from: GGGLLLOOOCCCKKK on April 24, 2016, 11:44:16 PM
Quote from: MAKEDA on April 24, 2016, 11:27:42 PM
Honestly, I cringed when I read that in the Lemonade thread. It's not insulting tbh. If anything it would make white women feel good and it makes Bey look insecure. Again, it explains the matted blonde wigs.
idk
Something is telling me that her husband referenced something about bitches with good hair or sumn and she's addressing it
I don't get insecure from that line

this is what i thought

Bey has never said anything like that before, so I figured it was a reference

CHOKE

IDK it reminded me of Waiting To Exhale when ole boy was cheating on Angela with a white womah.

She didn't care how PC she sounded was when she called her a white bitch.  :-P

When your cheated on you lash out no matter how Politically incorrect it sounds.

SUPREME

Quote from: MAKEDA on April 24, 2016, 11:53:24 PM
Even if he has made a reference to that, I wish she didn't give him or "Beckys" the satisfaction. I mean, this is the same nigga who called Bey, his wife a "high yellow broad" ch... so he was trash from the jump

!!!

:plzstop:

This too

But this is also exactly why I think it was a shot @ jay, referencing something he said

But I kinda wish, she didnt SAY it herself. Wish she would've made it more obvious he said it or something (if that were the case)

BAPHOMET.

Zankou.

Annie

But I do get why some people don't like that lyrics especially because she is now promoting to stop racism but you're still coming for Becky with the good hair. I don't really care but I thought it was strange and it sounds insecure. I liked how she promoted Jay's nose and the Blue Ivy's hair better.  :raycharles2urmess:

/.\