Is anyone gonna watch "ROOTS" remake tonight? trailer inside if you didnt see it

Started by Mel., May 30, 2016, 02:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mel.

Young

Naw...i try and stay away from these kinds of movies.

It's like it's all they want us to remember.

Like that's all we are and were

GLOCK

Quote from: Young on May 30, 2016, 02:28:13 PM

N

BigDawg

BigDawg

Vonc2002

Quote from: Young on May 30, 2016, 02:28:13 PM

Lord jesus.........
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

But yea,  im watching.  Im DVRing tho. I gotta be in the mood for stuff like this
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

MAY

I want to watch to support, but I'm getting tired of seeing movies about slavery.
I know it's a very REAL part of our history, but I think it's time to start telling
other parts too. The only films we ever see are about slavery & civil rights.

I appreciate them for telling the story, but there's so much more to our history.

Young

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on May 30, 2016, 02:51:58 PM
I want to watch to support, but I'm getting tired of seeing movies about slavery.
I know it's a very REAL part of our history, but I think it's time to start telling

I appreciate them for telling the story, but there's so much more to our history.

>>><<<

I mean respect to those actors and actress and especially our ancestors who had the strength to ensure we would be here today.

But at the same time the shade of it all is the title itself.

Roots!
Like this is where it starts. Naw Bruh, stop tryna brainwash us.

Vonc2002

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on May 30, 2016, 02:51:58 PM

Roots is not just some movie about slavery tho imo. Now that the obligatory slave movie is put out annually doesn't make these stories any less necessary.  I personally have a younger brother who i feel is very detached from this stuff and i feel like could benefit from roots. Roots was something we kinda got together and watched when i was younger.  Like it was a significant moment in time. I honestly don't know if he's had that.  Roots was always more of a documentary in my mind. There will never come a time that this story isn't necessary.  But yes,  tell others as well

Vonc2002

Its called roots because it's alex haley's family history. He went and sought out his story, so these were very much so his roots. Lemme just be quiet..........

Ma Lo