Zendaya: ?I don?t face the same struggles as a woman with darker skin?

Started by 4 fucking k, July 17, 2016, 07:24:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4 fucking k

Zendaya Coleman is on the cover of the June issue of Cosmopolitan, and not only is she rocking the cover but she is rocking the truth about colorism.

In her interview, she spoke out about the bias that works in her favor because of her lighter skin:

?I feel a responsibility to be a voice for the beautiful shades my people come in. Unfortunately, I have a bit of a privilege compared to my darker sisters and brothers? Like people question, Would you listen to Zendaya if she wasn?t the same skin color? And that?s an honest question. Can I honestly say that I?ve had to face the same racism and struggles as a woman with darker skin? No, I cannot. I have not walked in her shoes and that is unfair of me to say. But I?m completely behind that woman. I want to be a part of the movement and growth. And if I get put in a position because of the color of my skin where people will listen to me, then I should use that privilege the right way.?

FlowerBomb

admc

Quote from: imani on July 17, 2016, 07:24:53 PM
Zendaya Coleman is on the cover of the June issue of Cosmopolitan, and not only is she rocking the cover but she is rocking the truth about colorism.

In her interview, she spoke out about the bias that works in her favor because of her lighter skin:

?I feel a responsibility to be a voice for the beautiful shades my people come in. Unfortunately, I have a bit of a privilege compared to my darker sisters and brothers? Like people question, Would you listen to Zendaya if she wasn?t the same skin color? And that?s an honest question. Can I honestly say that I?ve had to face the same racism and struggles as a woman with darker skin? No, I cannot. I have not walked in her shoes and that is unfair of me to say. But I?m completely behind that woman. I want to be a part of the movement and growth. And if I get put in a position because of the color of my skin where people will listen to me, then I should use that privilege the right way.?
t

Kaeli.

4 fucking k

D.I.E.G.O.

Rxxf

BRANDY

CHOKE

Was just thinkin bout this last month when I got a promotion at my job

The other guy was way more qualified than me and I kinda come into work 15 mins late ever day but I was picked over him and I think it's because he's dark

I felt bad but accepted the promotion anyway

:young:

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Chokeme on July 17, 2016, 07:46:41 PM

The other guy was way more qualified than me and I kinda come into work 15 mins late ever day but I was picked over him and I think it's because he's dark

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

charlie.

Quote from: Tanya Turner on July 18, 2016, 08:12:20 AM
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on July 18, 2016, 07:59:49 AM
Quote from: Chokeme on July 17, 2016, 07:46:41 PM

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Nnnnnnnnnnnnnnni

sssssss

I really hate this place

charlie.