B7

Rxxf

Quote from: RIGGY on July 29, 2016, 07:32:25 PM
Quote from: Magnolia Maymuru on July 29, 2016, 03:57:52 PM
Quote from: GoDiegoGo on July 29, 2016, 03:52:10 PM
LONG POST ALERT

A few notes, from one journalist to another:

Environment:
The setting wasn't bad. I'd go for a place with less ambient noise or consider different mic options. Also, the eyes wander in locations like this. I'd be careful with competing visuals during such a lengthy interview.

Presence:
It's great to see you on film. You have a good look for video. Try not to move so much in view of the camera. It's a bit distracting. Also, your positioning with Dawn was a bit awkward. I'd do more thoughtful space planning so you're not constantly turning towards or away from the camera.

Relation With Subject:
You did a phenomenal job using your own anecdotes to make Dawn feel more comfortable and ground the interview. I also helped transition from question to question. That was great!

Length:
A near 40-minute video is almost indigestible. Cutting it up will serve you well, especially if you want other news outlets to pick it up. For example, the bit about her sexual proclivities could easily be fed to Madam Noire, Essence, etc. And they would run it. But, only if there is a segment of that highlight. You can do that with a lot of different parts of the interview and that's a sign of a strong Q&A.

Transitions:
Most journalists have trouble transitioning from question to question and you didn't. Your pace is great and you flowed really well throughout. You can see that Dawn was comfortable and appreciative that you did your homework. It made it nice to watch.

Overall, I enjoyed the interview. You have great energy, a confident presence and with some polishing you can really make an impact.

Sorry if I come across like a professor. I taught journalism and interviewing techniques at NYU before I left New York. Anywho, really great job. Look forward to seeing more of your work bruv.

Oh wait thank you. I appreciate this a lot. Setting I could not really choose, and the angles were a mess, unfortunately I was by myself and didn't have anyone check the my angles lol...

You can watch my Bilal interview if you want to. And I like my JoJo one, in case you haven't seen it. I do think I have to chop it up a bit, you are right. I am thinking the part about her being a lesbian maybe, her speaking on the very first album, and the Aubrey, Kelly Rowland, Brandy bits are three good clips. What would you say?

eh, even as a fan of brandy those parts weren't interesting to me. I'm kinda used to everyone praising her I guess

She wrote for Brandy and Kelly and they never recorded it or probably ever even heard the demos. That's pretty common in that music game.

I think the rest of the interview and her speaking on Azealia and social media was much more interesting and can definitely help with your viewers and reach, if you split some of that up

Yeah, the Brandy stuff wasn't interesting.
BRANDY

Scott.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 29, 2016, 02:14:50 PM
Quote from: glenn's wife on July 29, 2016, 02:11:27 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 29, 2016, 02:05:19 PM
She didn't say she wasn't exposed to that music. She said that's not what she gravitated to. My female cousin was all about Cranberries, Red Hot Chilli peppers, fiona apple, etc.  Just because ur exposed to something doesn't mean it's ur preference. I got what she said.
n

she's claimed she didn't know about GHan until college. next
She said she didn't get into her music until then, that's completely logical. We sit here and talk about the general public not really knowing brandy because they only know the commercial shit but that's not brandy at her best. Hearing a song by someone and getting into their music are two different things. People swear by Mariah Carey, I've never heard any of those early cds. I JUST listened to butterfly in full earlier this month. Just because someone is popular doesn't mean ur familiar with their work

That's true. because the only Mariah album I've listened to was "The Emancipation of Mimi" to be honest. I never heard any of her other albums in full

Vonc2002

Quote from: Scott. on July 30, 2016, 01:42:50 AM
She didn't say she wasn't exposed to that music. She said that's not what she gravitated to. My female cousin was all about Cranberries, Red Hot Chilli peppers, fiona apple, etc.  Just because ur exposed to something doesn't mean it's ur preference. I got what she said.
n

She said she didn't get into her music until then, that's completely logical. We sit here and talk about the general public not really knowing brandy because they only know the commercial shit but that's not brandy at her best. Hearing a song by someone and getting into their music are two different things. People swear by Mariah Carey, I've never heard any of those early cds. I JUST listened to butterfly in full earlier this month. Just because someone is popular doesn't mean ur familiar with their work

That's true. because the only Mariah album I've listened to was "The Emancipation of Mimi" to be honest. I never heard any of her other albums in full
Like, NONE? :dead:
Damn i thought i was bad
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Scott.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on July 30, 2016, 01:53:57 AM
Quote from: Scott. on July 30, 2016, 01:42:50 AM
n

Like, NONE? :dead:
Damn i thought i was bad

Well I'm not really a fan of hers like that. So I was never really interested in hearing them in full. Just love her singles.

MelMel

Rxxf

I can understand why Dawn means about not getting into an "artist" until a certain point.

I always knew of M o n ICA, and played her singles... but I never got into her until her MAKINGS OF ME album.
BRANDY

FINE.

Seems like she started getting uncomfortable when u booked her and brought up Toni Braxton

Her body language sdsdsdsddffff

b7

Quote from: FINE. on July 31, 2016, 08:38:21 PM
Seems like she started getting uncomfortable when u booked her and brought up Toni Braxton

bfnfnfggggggggggg and when he booked her about certain timelines

"You did R&B before u even auditioned for Danity Kane Hun"

"OH! OH! Eerm no ..  my dad! Umm .."

FINE.

Quote from: RIGGY on July 31, 2016, 08:41:37 PM

!!!!!!!!!

She is so full of it
Jdjdjdjdjd
D
D
D
D
D
Djjdjdjdjd
D
Djjdjddj

SouravMay

Quote from: RIGGY on July 31, 2016, 08:41:37 PM

She did take a while to actually say alternative rock...  :plzstop:
B7