Rihanna's Oceans film gets a premiere date.

Started by Vonc2002, August 10, 2016, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

August 10, 2016, 12:38:26 PM Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 08:52:48 AM by Vonc2002
Rihanna Joins ?Ocean?s Eleven?s All-Female Spin-Off

Quoteshe has officially joined the cast of the ?Ocean?s Eleven? spin-off.

Full story below?

According to THR, the 28-year-old ? along with Anne Hathaway, Mindy Kaling, Awkwafina, and Helena Bonham Carter ? join previously announced cast Sandra Bullock and Cate Blanchett.

Noticed how each name is a woman? It?s not coincidental.

Tentatively titled ?Ocean?s Ocho,? the Warner Bros flick will boast an all-female principal cast for the film, which begins shooting in October.

With the original ?Ocean?s Eleven? trilogy grossing $1.12 billion worldwide, this latest incarnation is likely to garner immediate attention on the merit of its processor?s success. As well as, of course, the combined star-power of its cast.

Gary Ross will direct, while original ?Ocean?s director Steven Soderbergh returns in a producing role.

Kudos to Ms. Fenty; this may be her smartest movie play yet.

For, while bringing an undeniable degree of star-power herself, she?ll be padded by the towering talents of Bullock, Blanchett, and co on the acting front. A win for all.
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

DVDDY.

I guess studios aren't doing anything original this year

leftout

Doesn't add up. Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Cate Blanchett... Rihanna

Ch...

Vonc2002

Well this doesn't really count as a remake imo. The oceans films were always continuations and now they just switching it up to women. I love that it's the original people involved behind the scenes cause that means it has the probability of being the same caliber of the other films. Oceans 11, 12, and 13 are iconic tbh

Vonc2002

Quote from: aGhoulact on August 10, 2016, 12:41:35 PM
Doesn't add up. Sandra Bullock, Anne Hathaway, Cate Blanchett... Rihanna

Ch...
f
Brad Pitt, George Clooney......Bernie mack
Rihanna is a superstar so she's right up there with those girls just on the music scene

FlowerBomb

wizzy

Quote from: RON. on August 10, 2016, 12:40:23 PM
I guess studios aren't doing anything original this year
!! but what else is new

wizzy

I get nervous with all female versions of previously male dominated roles

but Congrats

leftout

Quote from: Vonc2002 on August 10, 2016, 12:43:06 PM
Well this doesn't really count as a remake imo. The oceans films were always continuations and now they just switching it up to women. I love that it's the original people involved behind the scenes cause that means it has the probability of being the same caliber of the other films. Oceans 11, 12, and 13 are iconic tbh
it is a remake, just like the new, terrible Ghostbusters movie

Vonc2002

ssw4919

Ocean's Ocho?  :plzstop:

They really could have just made an all-female heist movie unrelated to the franchise.

FlowerBomb

MAY

D.I.E.G.O.

Something is not right about this cast. Excited to see Rih in a role like this, but I am not getting chemistry from this group.