Guys do you think "Black" is an appropriate genre term?

Started by SouravMay, October 08, 2016, 08:16:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zankou.

"Black music" as a genre title is completely disgusting

SouravMay

Stop shading, barely any history is more evil than America.
B7

Admin

In Germany, R&B music by predominantly black artists was VERY huge in the 90ies and early 00s, hence whenever a Joe or Ginuwine performs here nowadays, it's always a souldout show. :dead: Germany loves R&B music!
I guess this is why the equalization of R&B = black music came along. I think it's simply a wrong term and it has bothered me a bit for a long time now. Everything that's R&B/Soul/Rap is put under "black music". I've seen plenty of times that they put Eminem, M.I.A., Mac Miller and even German/Turkish rappers under "black music". :plzstop:

Admin

SouravMay

Quote from: squid on October 08, 2016, 09:10:12 AM
In Germany, R&B music by predominantly black artists was VERY huge in the 90ies and early 00s, hence whenever a Joe or Ginuwine performs here nowadays, it's always a souldout show. :dead: Germany loves R&B music!
I guess this is why the equalization of R&B = black music came along. I think it's simply a wrong term and it has bothered me a bit for a long time now. Everything that's R&B/Soul/Rap is put under "black music". I've seen plenty of times that they put Eminem, M.I.A., Mac Miller and even German/Turkish rappers under "black music". :plzstop:

The crazy thing is even the most right wing redneck white Trash will
Love their "good ol black music"...

It's such a weird term that nobody uses outside of Germany. It's time to toss it.
B7

hewritez

I don't like how "black" or "dark" is used to describe things that are sinister, where as "white" and "light" is used to describe things that are innocent and holy.

I don't like the term "black comedy"... :uhh:

SouravMay

Quote from: black. on October 08, 2016, 08:39:04 AM
To me it just shows their disregard and level of understanding of anything outside of what THEY care for.

It's no different than for instance --- Snoop Dogg opening a music store. He would definitely have the hip-hop and R&B mess categorized very meticulously -- down to the eras, producers, everything. and then have a section in the back saying "white music" with Taylor Swift, etc. THROWN into a bin. sdsdbddbbbbbb even though a white person may come into the store and say "hey, why is Kelly Clarkson right next to Taylor? they're two totally different genres!!! :fuming: "

but if he took his white demographic seriously, he'd hire someone who knew more about specifics and make sure that it is displayed correctly.

They're simply unapologetic with their ignorance.

They can put in the same box as the music usually lives in the same media and has similar consumers (club, radio etc.)

Just use a different name.
B7

Rxxf

BRANDY

Vonc2002

October 08, 2016, 10:55:13 AM #24 Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 10:55:33 AM by Vonc2002
I already said no to this when u said it some time ago, hell no
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Purple Moon

When that guy shaded your hair....what kinda racist!
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

BAPHOMET.