Jay Z 'makes $40million bid to acquire late rock icon Prince's unreleased music'

Started by Lazarus, October 26, 2016, 09:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowerBomb

QuoteAccording to past Paisley Park employees, thousands of hours of unheard live and studio material ? jams, random songs and entire albums ? still reside in that locked room, along with a similar amount of performance footage. (LeGere recalls stepping into the "pre-vault" ? a small, foyer-like room that lead to the archive ? and finding the floor covered with tape reels, which meant the main vault was full a decade ago.) How many of those tapes have been adequately logged and catalogued remains a mystery; some employees don't remember seeing much in the way of detailed lists. "Half the time I couldn't find a song because it was so hard to find," says engineer Ian Boxill, who worked with Prince during the second half of last decade. "I'd spend a half hour just going through tapes. Prince didn't seem to have a reaction to it. I'd be like, 'Wow, look at all this stuff,' especially when I saw a lot of Batman tapes. For him, it was like going through old filing cabinets."

:plzstop: :plzstop:

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

yummy

They need to put my sis' music on streaming sites. There is an entire generation who isn't familiar with any of his work.

RAY7

I'm sure Jay isn't gonna just put the stuff out there for free
and all at once
I hope he gets it, but just don't put himself or even Bey all over the songs

.betterwiseup

GRAND

BAPHOMET.

Is someone in this thread able to outbit Jay-Z or Bey :diddraispoot:

otherwise.... everyone is going to have to deal with the shit.

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: GRAND SUPREME on October 26, 2016, 10:27:07 AM
v

is this what its really about

yall just dont want bey on his mess

:diddraispoot:
nnnnnnnn

it just all comes back to Kweens

even when it has nothing to do with her

:ohwow:

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Lazarus on October 26, 2016, 09:11:08 AM
As well as conquering the world of rap, Jay Z has made a name for himself in the record business as a savvy label boss.

And it seems that the latest move to bolster the books of his multi-platform company, Roc Nation,  is to acquire the rights to Prince's unreleased music.

The Run This Town rapper, 46, is said to have offered $40million to the late musician's sister Tyka Nelson and her husband Maurice Phillips in order to snap-up the tunes.

Don't give in. Please. 🙏🙏🙏
oh GOD no

Giving Beyonc? a dead artists unreleased music is like telling a kleptomaniac to keep an eye on Wal-mart overnight .... by themselves :uhh:

H.#.G.*.Z

CHOKE

This is huge.

Better Jay and Bey get it than it collecting dust

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....