Adele Cast Black Actor In ?Hello? Video to Confront Police Brutality

Started by MAY, December 09, 2016, 05:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAY

QuoteAdele?s ?Hello? video has been viewed almost 2 billion times on YouTube since it?s debut in 2015. What many of us probably didn?t know is that there is a second hidden message that the singer wanted to convey.

In an interview with Vulture, the video?s director, Xavier Dolan, explained that Adele was adamant about not casting a white actor for the video. She ended up casting a Black man to start the conversation of police brutality.

?It was her desire that we wouldn?t cast a caucasian male in this, which I thought was great,? Dolan told Vulture. ?She called me and said, ?This is what I think we should do,? and if my memory serves me right ? I?m going to be honest, it?s tragic not to be able to remember what exact conflict was on the news at that moment, because there are so many incidents of police brutality.?

He continued, ?She was just like, ?I?m concerned with the reality of the tensions between authorities and the black community, and I want to send a message out there.? I thought it was beautiful. I wish it was my idea, but it wasn?t.?

Do you guys think Adele?s message was read loud and clear or do you think it was a reach?

http://theshaderoom.com/25035-2/

SouravMay

Huh... wasn't her real life boyfriend and inspiration to the song black and that's why she picked Tristan?
B7

KING BENTLEY.

H.#.G.*.Z

BAPHOMET.

Eternal Bell

whatever

False lmao it was a diff reason before

Everybody Tryna capitalize off blm but not really doing shit

Real

D.I.E.G.O.

Nine

Was he shot by a cop after she closed the curtain?

I'm tryna figure this out

:diddraispoot:

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Nine on December 09, 2016, 05:44:09 PM
Was he shot by a cop after she closed the curtain?

I'm tryna figure this out

:diddraispoot:

Not turning a Blind eye  :everythingok:

Eternal Bell

did he die & "hello frm tha other side" was her callin him but he was too dead to answer?!

pettypatty