Thoughts? Brandy related

Started by Chameleon, December 12, 2016, 12:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

December 13, 2016, 02:03:20 PM #60 Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 02:03:43 PM by TheNextLew
Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on December 13, 2016, 11:37:11 AM
I honestly could care less about clubs & radio at this point.
I want Brandy over something artistic and creative.

and when she does it ur gonna want commercial and club friendly

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Harlem

Ya frontin like ya don't wanna hear Bran played in the clubs lol... Im not asking her to hop on a Metro Boomin beat feat. Future or 21 Savage :dead:

She just needs to drop a lean in her own style so us and the GP can bop too & stop talkin bout this Mo beef during this wait & Mike Will or even Hit Boy could do that for her... I need her on everybody's playlist not just ours...

Bigmacthawoppa

December 13, 2016, 05:36:31 PM #63 Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 05:37:25 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
Quote from: Harlem on December 13, 2016, 05:09:04 PM
Ya frontin like ya don't wanna hear Bran played in the clubs lol... Im not asking her to hop on a Metro Boomin beat feat. Future or 21 Savage :dead:

She just needs to drop a lean in her own style so us and the GP can bop too & stop talkin bout this Mo beef during this wait & Mike Will or even Hit Boy could do that for her... I need her on everybody's playlist not just ours...

We asked for that and we got PID  :hmph:

I'd personally MUCH prefer a creative and artistic album that stands up to repeated plays than an album with knock. She tried the mainstream clubready mess with 2/11 and I haven't listened to that album since 2013.

Besides, she brings knock regardless. I'd rather it be something with ingenuity than another Mike Will song. Don't understand y'alls obesession with him. The definition of generic if you ask me. Give me Hitboy any day.

Harlem

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on December 13, 2016, 05:36:31 PM
Quote from: Harlem on December 13, 2016, 05:09:04 PM

We asked for that and we got PID  :hmph:

I'd personally MUCH prefer a creative and artistic album that stands up to repeated plays than an album with knock. She tried the mainstream clubready mess with 2/11 and I haven't listened to that album since 2013.

Besides, she brings knock regardless. I'd rather it be something with ingenuity than another Mike Will song. Don't understand y'alls obesession with him. The definition of generic if you ask me. Give me Hitboy any day.

I'd said Hit Boy too lol, I just said Mike Will cuz he obviously produced one of the songs on her last album that could've been huge for her and he still relevant today... and I'm not saying the song should be on the album, just a throw away single to hold us over like B&P :dead:

jtwoeleven

Bran is getting older though...not saying she should go exclusively AC or anything like that, but do y'all really want her to make "club friendly" music the rest of her career? I mean, as she gets older, I just want her music to have purpose. I'm not sure the club heads will support her future releases if she gives a nod to that crowd.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: jtwoeleven on December 13, 2016, 06:25:23 PM
Bran is getting older though...not saying she should go exclusively AC or anything like that, but do y'all really want her to make "club friendly" music the rest of her career? I mean, as she gets older, I just want her music to have purpose. I'm not sure the club heads will support her future releases if she gives a nod to that crowd.

something timeless even for this generation

Different

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: TheNextLew on December 13, 2016, 06:40:39 PM

Name a timeless song released this year.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: \dē-ˈā-gō\ on December 13, 2016, 06:42:15 PM

It takes time for it to be time less but something with replay value that doesnt sound trendy

Different

b7

Girl

No matter what Brandy chooses to do, knock always follows. Even RHD hit hard :dead: 

She ain't no boring piano girl

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

I love rhd its a grilled knock but it slays

Different

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: TheNextLew on December 13, 2016, 06:49:37 PM
Quote from: \dē-ˈā-gō\ on December 13, 2016, 06:42:15 PM

It takes time for it to be time less but something with replay value that doesnt sound trendy

!!! I get what you're saying. I can't think of a timeless R&B song that has come out in the past year though. Everything is so of the moment. It's annoying.

FlowerBomb

Jazmine and Fantasia had some pretty classic records on their last album