Zendaya CLOCKS Colorism In Hollywood

Started by D.I.E.G.O., December 13, 2016, 12:50:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D.I.E.G.O.

QuoteI ask myself, Would I get the same opportunities?would I have this role or that role?if I were a darker-skinned black woman? And the answer is no. But the real thing is how do you take what you?ve been given and use it to better the situations of people that are your peers, your brothers and sisters?

She also discusses making her move from Disney. Decent interview.

Read the full interview here: http://www.allure.com/story/zendaya-disney-cultural-appropriation-interview?mbid=social_instagram&utm_campaign=likeshopme&utm_medium=instagram&utm_source=www.instagram.com/p/BN9WNQLAqfr/&utm_content=www.instagram.com/p/BN9WNQLAqfr/

.betterwiseup

All her photoshoots are starting to look the same.

BAPHOMET.

D.I.E.G.O.

She's so damn beautiful to me  :stressed: Cute, woke and talented ACKKKK

RAY7

Interesting because she was kinda bullied into dropping the Aaliyah role because she was too light and ppl didn't even think she was Black

Aalonso.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

iono to me shes benefiting from the flip side of colorism but 

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

D.I.E.G.O.

Quote from: TheNextLew on December 13, 2016, 01:51:22 PM

I didn't say she wasn't benefiting, hun. However, she's also acknowledging that colorism exists and that it's a problem.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: \dē-ˈā-gō\ on December 13, 2016, 01:55:32 PM

I didn't say she wasn't benefiting, hun. However, she's also acknowledging that colorism exists and that it's a problem.

well thats very generous of her

Different

D.I.E.G.O.

Not doing this with your chicken fried ass today, Lewcifer.

D.I.E.G.O.

And QUEENdaya said what the fuck she said.

Vonc2002

!!!!!!!!!!
Some black people kill me.  Like when jesse spoke about the mess at the BET awards and some black people wanted to call him out for being lightskinned. Like SO WHAT :uhh:
Im still black. Am i not black enough to recognize issues in black communities? Those kinda coons are just UGH to me
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Different

LOONA.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on December 13, 2016, 02:03:32 PM

!!!!!!!!!!
Some black people kill me.  Like when jesse spoke about the mess at the BET awards and some black people wanted to call him out for being lightskinned. Like SO WHAT :uhh:
Im still black. Am i not black enough to recognize issues in black communities? Those kinda coons are just UGH to me