Rihanna Appears as Marion Crane in 'Bates Motel' Trailer

Started by Lazarus, January 31, 2017, 04:39:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Rihanna is bringing her acting chops to the upcoming season of Bates Motel.

In a new trailer for the A&E drama, the Bajan songbird plays the role of Marion Crane, the fictional character who was featured in Robert Bloch's 1959 novel Psycho. A year later, the role was portrayed on the big screen by Janet Leigh in Alfred Hitchcock's film of the same name.

The "Work" singer appears at the tail end of the trailer and asks Norman Bates for a room. In the iconic movie, Norman kills Crane in the horrific and instantly infamous shower scene.

For Rihanna, her appearance in Bates Motel will be the first of many acting roles she's tackled recently: She's also slated to be featured in Ocean's 8 and the sci-fi movie Valerian.

On Monday, an official photo for the all-female cast of Ocean's 8 was unveiled. Taken on a New York City subway train, Rihanna is found sitting alongside some of Hollywood's biggest heavyweights, including Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Sarah Paulson, Anne Hathaway, Helena Bonham Carter, Mindy Kaling and Awkwafina. The movie is scheduled to be out in 2018.

The fifth and final season of Bates Motel will begin Feb. 20 at 10 p.m. ET. Check out the trailer below, in addition to Rihanna's star-studded photo with the cast of Ocean's 8.

pettypatty

Can't wait. I just finished season 4  :loose2when:

It's getting creepy
:udontlookok:

BAPHOMET.

that 1 second i saw her kinda ruined the trailer. tbh

MAY

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

TRY.It.AGAIN

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on January 31, 2017, 04:44:43 PM
Not you rushing in to watch

:blessed:

bbb b

And why Shouldn't sis be Able to Run 🏃 right in and PERCH! When she is #Slaying that Sprint tab each month! :hehe:

But ACK@that second or 2!  :'( I'm here for Quee' gathering a few small 2017' roles in a bunch Leading up into OCEANS' 

:gorlonfire:

Cardi B., and B is for Barbie? please say thw BARBIE!

Lazarus

I commend her for wanting to take acting seriously with the roles she's been receiving/getting

Vonc2002

Quote from: Lazarus on January 31, 2017, 05:05:45 PM
I commend her for wanting to take acting seriously with the roles she's been receiving/getting
Thats why I'm so excited to see everything. I really wanna see what she gives this role  and oceans. Im not that excited about the scifi mess :overit:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 31, 2017, 05:22:27 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on January 31, 2017, 05:05:45 PM
Thats why I'm so excited to see everything. I really wanna see what she gives this role  and oceans. Im not that excited about the scifi mess :overit:

n

Vonc2002

GLOCK

Wait cuz this bitch kinda settled into her character a bit

Lemme find owt queens gonna give a j lo type acting BOOK

GLOCK

Wow Baph perched per usual..
STEAMED... invested even