Do you trust BSource's taste?

Started by Miranda, September 12, 2015, 06:20:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Couldn't get into the Asian artists either

/.\

SUPREME

September 13, 2015, 10:05:05 AM #46 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:05:31 AM by SUPREME
faggots stop trying to act like you're all OUTSIDE OF THE BOX

if we put literally EVERY R&B, RAPPER, & POP artist on a chart, 90% of this board would check off the bitches that they use

BYE niggers

:plea:

Herb.

September 13, 2015, 10:18:28 AM #47 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:17:48 AM by Herb.
n

exquisite taste! only high end music on my platter.

I listen to a bit of everything. Ghan, Toni, Celine, Anita, Kenny G (mainly as I do homework nowadays), Madonna, Rihanna, Brian McKnight, Mariah, Luther....list goes on.

But pretty much all of it falls under the umbrella of pop & R&B. Basically. I love melodies. I feel that sometimes people feel because they listen to music that isn't typically what a black person would rock to, that their taste is somehow "misunderstood" or "deep". Or at least some act as if it is.

As black people, our first love will almost instinctively be R&B. Hip hop's deep rooting into our culture explains its inescapability, which remains solid; regardless of how many new routes we take, we always return home, even if only for a short period of time .The people singing many of these songs LOOK like us, SOUND like us, and have gone through things that only we could understand as a community. Which explains some pockets of controversy when melanin challenged people attempt to step foot into this territory.

However, I do applaud those who can step outside the box and try new things.

Plank

Quote from: Herb. on September 13, 2015, 10:18:28 AM

As black people, our first love will almost instinctively be R&B.

wont speaks for all tha blcks since sum hate themself but yea

this tha case for me

Admin

Barely. But Glenda has put me on to some great artists. :ohwow:

Boomz

n

I listen to a bit of everything. Ghan, Toni, Celine, Anita, Kenny G (mainly as I do homework nowadays), Madonna, Rihanna, Brian McKnight, Mariah, Luther....list goes on.

But pretty much all of it falls under the umbrella of pop & R&B. Basically. I love melodies. I feel that sometimes people feel because they listen to music that isn't typically what a black person would rock to, that their taste is somehow "misunderstood" or "deep". Or at least some act as if it is.

As black people, our first love will almost instinctively be R&B. Hip hop's deep rooting into our culture explains its inescapability, which remains solid; regardless of how many new routes we take, we always return home, even if only for a short period of time .The people singing many of these songs LOOK like us, SOUND like us, and have gone through things that only we could understand as a community. Which explains some pockets of controversy when melanin challenged people attempt to step foot into this territory.

Fag didn't nobody ask for a thesis on the matter.

:hmph:

Herb.

September 13, 2015, 11:24:48 AM #53 Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 11:26:27 AM by Herb.
Quote from: Boomer (ง︡'-'︠)ง on September 13, 2015, 11:24:08 AM
n

Fag didn't nobody ask for a thesis on the matter.

:hmph:
k[ohi8gu7fy6ldt7ksedzdxcutivoubpin

:stressed: sor'

I just find it interesting how some of us love to highlight the fact that we listen to music which isn't considered urban.

Kurama

Quote from: ANIMMAI on September 12, 2015, 10:50:38 PM
am mean, certain girls can put you on some great stuff

and other times, they be going up for something and I'm just sittin' back like :bvy:

fight me fag!

yummy

As black people

kldfdjfdjnmvnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

boy if you don't sit the fuck down

Herb.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on September 13, 2015, 11:54:34 PM
As black people

kldfdjfdjnmvnmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

boy if you don't sit the fuck down
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

yummy

Quote from: Kurama on September 13, 2015, 11:31:27 AM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on September 12, 2015, 10:50:38 PM
am mean, certain girls can put you on some great stuff

and other times, they be going up for something and I'm just sittin' back like :bvy:

fight me fag!

kjkfg whoa calm downs

I bought britney jean

:omgwatshappening: