Power Rangers Predicted to Open with $35 Million!

Started by Genesis, March 22, 2017, 03:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FINE.

Nine

Quote from: MelMel on March 26, 2017, 07:47:46 PM
so it made just $40 million
QuoteFinishing in second place is Lionsgate's release of Saban's Power Rangers, which brought in an estimated $40.5 million from 3,693 locations. This result finds the film delivering in the high end of pre-release tracking and opening day audiences showed they enjoyed what they saw, scoring it with an "A" CinemaScore. Of that audience 30% were under the age of 18 and gave the film an "A+" CinemaScore. Further demographic breakdown saw the audience made up of 60% male moviegoers vs. 40% female, of which 50% of the audience was over the age of 25.

Looking ahead it will be interesting to see just how high the domestic total can climb for the $100 million production as last year saw Independence Day: Resurgence open with $41 million and only go on to gross just over $100 million. However, The Legend of Tarzan debuted with $38.5 million and finished its domestic run over $125 million. A performance closer to Tarzan's seems more likely, but next weekend will be the tell-tale sign as to just how front-loaded this film was, but with an "A" CinemaScore and a strong performance with audiences under the age of 18 it could prove to have strong legs over the coming weeks.

Internationally, Power Rangers debuted in 62 markets and delivered an estimated $18.7 million for a $59.2 million worldwide debut. Of the territories in which the film was released, Mexico led the way with an estimated $3 million followed by a $2.1 million opening in Brazil, the film finished second in both markets. Power Rangers also finished second in the UK with an estimated $2.1 million. The film has yet to open in plenty of major markets including upcoming early April releases in France, Belgium, Italy, Spain, Finland and Sweden followed by a late April release in South Korea and a mid-July release in Japan.

:woohoo:

b7

hate to see it end this way, but im happy they reminded us of our childhoods lol

Rxxf

BRANDY

Rxxf

40 million in the states and Canada
20 million overseas
60+ total

I think it will continue to have steam
BRANDY

Rxxf

The Legend of Tarzan debuted with $38.5 million and finished its domestic run over $125 million.
BRANDY

MAY

KING BENTLEY.

H.#.G.*.Z

KING BENTLEY.

I can't wait for part two

Trini is definitely my BITCH
strapped up self

H.#.G.*.Z

Genesis

It's already at $70 million :hehe:

Can't wait for part two with Tommy :caseoftheherp:

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BigDawg