Mary J. Blige Reveal Strength Of A Woman Album Cover

Started by Lazarus, March 27, 2017, 04:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott.

Mary had 2 gold albums after "Growing Pains" so that wasn't her last successful era. But at the end of the day, just piggybacking off what you said I don't think Mary has to do that as an artist. As crazy as it sounds, people were excited when the news of her divorce came out cause they knew that they were gonna get old Mary back

Psilocybin

March 28, 2017, 10:07:44 AM #46 Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 10:08:15 AM by Aurora.
Quote from: GLOCK PARTY on March 27, 2017, 09:23:00 PM
And "U + Me" is one of the best songs released in the last 5 years .. from any r&b girl

Agreed. I'm looking forward to this era from her. "Thick Of It" & "U + Me" are amazing! I've always liked Mary, but more so back in the day & The Breakthrough (although "Just Fine" booked me). The music from this album though seems like it will be some of the best yet! I can tell this cover though is an outtake from the "Thick Of It" promotional shoot. Same wig & setting.

Kaeli.

Quote from: Marg. on March 28, 2017, 08:22:18 AM
Legendary content such as everytime you release it's a moment. It's a movement. The people should be excited and anticipating. This time she has pain so her team should have set everything up surrounding that. She shouldn't have even did interviews. She should have tweeted "If you want to know my side of the story purchase my album on..." With a docu-style vidya teaser. I mean, hello.

Oh and Let's be clear Mary's last successful era was Growing Pains in 2007, that was 10 years ago so let's keep it lite on Queen.

Please. Mary is 26 goddamn years in the game & she isn't a pop star. Why are u pitting her against Bey? Dunno why you expect her, an aging R&B artist to drum up hype with every release. She's transcended sales at this point.

& BTW since then she's had 3 gold albums, two of the eligible for platinum status. She's doin fine.

Opposites Attract.

Where and when did I pit her against Bey? 🤔

Gold ain't platinum btw since we're on the topic of plaques.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

4everSLAYanafan

Lets support Black music, we complain about sales and junk and music not being the same and turn around and don't support it,Mary is Iconic! She deserves this moment to redeem herself.I'll be listening.Maybe if we support her she can pull her spirits together.

Nine

I like it, minus the mushroom

:udontlookok:

But ack. I wanna hear. U + Me is biblical tbfh.

GLOCK

V

yeah Mary is a legend and has absolutely nothing to prove

Scott.

Quote from: GLOCK PARTY on March 28, 2017, 11:49:35 AM
V

yeah Mary is a legend and has absolutely nothing to prove
like at all. Her name and legacy speaks for itself

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Wtv

thats how you do it. Annnounce the release date, and just 1 month until the album.
no need for an eternal wait. New industry state, new mind set.

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Kaeli. on March 28, 2017, 10:11:40 AM
Quote from: Marg. on March 28, 2017, 08:22:18 AM
Legendary content such as everytime you release it's a moment. It's a movement. The people should be excited and anticipating. This time she has pain so her team should have set everything up surrounding that. She shouldn't have even did interviews. She should have tweeted "If you want to know my side of the story purchase my album on..." With a docu-style vidya teaser. I mean, hello.

Oh and Let's be clear Mary's last successful era was Growing Pains in 2007, that was 10 years ago so let's keep it lite on Queen.

Please. Mary is 26 goddamn years in the game & she isn't a pop star. Why are u pitting her against Bey? Dunno why you expect her, an aging R&B artist to drum up hype with every release. She's transcended sales at this point.

& BTW since then she's had 3 gold albums, two of the eligible for platinum status. She's doin fine.
ACK!!!

Kaeli.

Quote from: Marg. on March 28, 2017, 10:40:29 AM
Where and when did I pit her against Bey? 🤔

U when u brought her up....lol

should be more like bey!  :udontlookok: