Talisa was fucking DRAGGED.... Very clear thread, as well.

Started by XXX., March 28, 2017, 06:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Saint on March 28, 2017, 07:31:55 PM
Quote from: TheNextLew on March 28, 2017, 07:31:37 PM
Quote from: Saint on March 28, 2017, 07:28:39 PM
The weeknd is Ethiopian lol

but he was born here right?
yh in Canada

im thru

yall hit me up

When tamar, k michelle, kandi and shontelle are back on top again

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Aalonso.

Quote from: Blond?. on March 28, 2017, 06:58:25 PM
Quote from: ShutYourMouth. on March 28, 2017, 06:49:52 PM
This is a confusing thread. If they never pop offed... how did they fizzle out? :ummwhat:

I mean really PUNCH through and BOOK.  World tours, back to back hits, album eras, etc.

Really pushing beyond the first couple albums and continuing into superstardom, musically.  There's no longevity in the Janet style singer/dancer in 2017. 

This is what its like for basically all Black music though. Who fits your description and came out in the last 10 years?

leftout

March 28, 2017, 07:35:15 PM #109 Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 07:36:20 PM by ShutYourMouth.
Nicki and Rih are where they are because of the machine behind them. Let's be real :dead: they got payola on their side and a machine.

But they're not any more talented than the girls in the OP. In fact, both Nicki and Rih try to give us dance in performance and are never exactly on point or revered in the dancing aspect.

They cater to the "bad girl/smoke weed" image that Top 40 will only acknowledge in a black girl. We've seen their ass cheeks and nipples more times than we've seen our own. It's apparent that urban artists will only find mainstream success if they're willing to pour it up, pour it up and work with a monster team.

Young

Quote from: ANIMMAI on March 28, 2017, 07:30:54 PM
Quote from: Young on March 28, 2017, 07:17:19 PM
That's why I'm ready for my whole slew of gorls to come and slay

June's
XSO
Blush
Glamour
Star

They just need budget and push

q

all these names sound like lip gloss lines they sell at Target

:everythingok:

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Saint on March 28, 2017, 07:30:28 PM
Only one worthy of mainstream, success out of all these new girls, are Dawn, Justine Skye, Ryan Destiny and Tinashy
and FKA

FlowerBomb

In the grand scheme of life...
I don't think anyone cares if rihanna is bajan or if the weekend was born in Canada

Aalonso.

Quote from: Blond?. on March 28, 2017, 07:28:08 PM

I think the music market shifted out of "R&B". 

Realistically, there are only a handful of artists truly dominating.... Drake, Beyonce, The Weekend, Bruno Mars, Adele, Rihanna, Justin Bieber & Taylor Swift.

Outside of iTunes, most of these white girls are NOT doing it like that either.

Right. So its not the just soft singer/dancer formula, its pretty much any formula.

XXX.

Quote from: L0NZ. on March 28, 2017, 07:34:48 PM
This is a confusing thread. If they never pop offed... how did they fizzle out? :ummwhat:

I mean really PUNCH through and BOOK.  World tours, back to back hits, album eras, etc.

Really pushing beyond the first couple albums and continuing into superstardom, musically.  There's no longevity in the Janet style singer/dancer in 2017. 

This is what its like for basically all Black music though. Who fits your description and came out in the last 10 years?

From 2005 and on.....

Rihanna, Chris Brown, Drake, The Weekend, Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, and a few others.

It's mostly rappers (I'll admit that), but the point is NONE of these acts that get accolades and really BOOK are the Janet blueprint. 

I'm realizing I don't think that blueprint even works for white people anymore.  Because who is even doing it?

It's like girl groups.

Dead on arrival.

Aalonso.

Quote from: Blond?. on March 28, 2017, 07:42:01 PM
Quote from: L0NZ. on March 28, 2017, 07:34:48 PM

From 2005 and on.....

Rihanna, Chris Brown, Drake, The Weekend, Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, and a few others.

It's mostly rappers (I'll admit that), but the point is NONE of these acts that get accolades and really BOOK are the Janet blueprint. 

I'm realizing I don't think that blueprint even works for white people anymore.  Because who is even doing it?

It's like girl groups.

Dead on arrival.

Yup, first thing I thought about was how girl groups have an even more dismal fate.