Black Gay Love, do you believe in it?

Started by Navyman, June 12, 2017, 05:35:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navyman

Quote from: KippDaddy on June 12, 2017, 05:36:29 PM
I hope
So. Not sure tho.   Especially in today's day and age

Don't wanna be single forever. 

I was involved for years and in love but it's not the same thing when you can't share your love with the world
I agree.
Gotta be seen as friends, can't hang around too much, don't wanna raise flags.
Man nigga fuck all that

Navyman

Quote from: Kurama on June 12, 2017, 05:39:05 PM
Yes it completely exists, it looks different for a lot of people and I do think its difficult to truly acquire.

I also don't think many of us know how to cultivate meaningful relationships with other men; looking at communication skills, emotional intelligence, self & community awareness, it's understandable as to why we dont.
Why do you think we don't know how? Society views? The way we view ourselves as being black and gay?

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Kurama on June 12, 2017, 05:58:53 PM
Oh,

How long have you been FAKE just to be controversial?
:butwait!:

Don't know. But if it PISSES  you off in the slightest, I'll do it everyday.  :oof:

Navyman

Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on June 12, 2017, 05:41:31 PM
Duh fag

Don't you love that boy you're seeing now?

Isn't that why you put up with his shenanigans?

:nowgorl:
Ajsjsjxmcvmvmm
Fag yeah, just don't know if it's love. I've never done anything like this before. So I don't know how it looks or how I'm supposed to feel

BigDawg

It is exists, it is just a matter of the right person coming into your life.

Navyman

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on June 12, 2017, 05:49:09 PM
Yes tbh. Though it may seem like every one of these black gays are lying cheating pieces of shit. There are so many that are respectful,  honest, freely open up emotionally, etc. At one point looking out and viewing it I to thought the same. But quickly snapped out of that mindset after seeing it first hand. What's "love" to one doesn't exactly seem like "love" to the next.
!!!!
This entire post, I have to snap out of the mindset I'm in before I ruin relationships. I used to think all gay men a promiscuous and wanted nothing to do with a relationship. Now it's staring me in my face and I'm fighting it.

Kurama

Quote from: Tonkaman on June 12, 2017, 06:00:47 PM
Yes it completely exists, it looks different for a lot of people and I do think its difficult to truly acquire.

I also don't think many of us know how to cultivate meaningful relationships with other men; looking at communication skills, emotional intelligence, self & community awareness, it's understandable as to why we dont.
Why do you think we don't know how? Society views? The way we view ourselves as being black and gay?
Well, a few things:

Men aren't really conditioned to be effective communicators while also being socialized to feel that the only approriate emotion that can be exhibited is anger.

Queer men receive indirect and direct messages throughout their development that their queerness is wrong/deviant/bad. Some men buy into that and it comes out in a few internally homophobic ways

Society is hypersexual and there aren't many spaces for queer men of color to just EXIST without persecution outside of mobile apps and the club. None of which are ideal for building a relationship.

The apps in general are just expedited ways to fuck random people without getting to know them. If you see thousands of folks who just say a few things hook-up and move on as a young gay, you'll think that's whats normal and you buy into that and perpetuate it.

KING BENTLEY.

If my nigga don't wanna get a house and make it forever I think Ima explore other options

It's like, My maternal clock is ticking and I don't have time to play house!

I'm not some damn FLOOZY that you can just be involved with casually forever!

I'm strong and independa' !

I'm worth more gotdammit

H.#.G.*.Z

yummy

It's kinda hard to maintain a relationship with any man when most men are conditioned to suppress every emotion that isn't anger or lust, even more difficult when you factor in the internalized homophobia, the inflated male ego and shallowness in general.

But yea...I guess there's someone out there for everyone n stuff.

Navyman

Quote from: Khoi Zan on June 12, 2017, 06:13:26 PM
I just think men are naturally sexual and visual beings. So when you have two men in a relationship there's really no "balance" that a female would normally provide. Men love sex and are easily aroused. It's not even something that can be controlled. It's just not a gay thing so I don't know why people make it out to be.

I mean, we have a president who was impeached because his dick got hard. That alone should tell people how serious sexuality is for men, in general.

There's nothing more dangerous than an erect penis. Families can get broken up, presidencies can be ended, people can croak! :cheerup: I strongly believe that men aren't naturally built for monogamy. It's something that is socially encouraged and demanded of them.

That's my point? What is the point of it all, we should all just be hoes and never look forward to settling down?

Palladium

Quote from: Tonkaman on June 12, 2017, 05:59:40 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on June 12, 2017, 05:36:29 PM
I hope
So. Not sure tho.   Especially in today's day and age

Don't wanna be single forever. 

I was involved for years and in love but it's not the same thing when you can't share your love with the world
I agree.
Gotta be seen as friends, can't hang around too much, don't wanna raise flags.
Man nigga fuck all that

Ugh!

THIS!!!!

:melmel:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

YESSS

yasssss

yeeeeeeessssss

this tumblr gives me hope
http://blackbromance.tumblr.com/

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

BAPHOMET.

June 12, 2017, 06:22:32 PM #27 Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 06:23:14 PM by Baph al Mana.
Quotesettling down

Eek I hate this term..

But I don't think loving relationships have to last forever and they don't have end because Dequan was caught in bed with Terrance.
A mutual separation and understanding that the feelings have worn down. But that kinda goes hand and hand with being able to express how you're feeling emotionally.

yummy

Quote from: Khoi Zan on June 12, 2017, 06:19:19 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on June 12, 2017, 06:17:15 PM
It's kinda hard to maintain a relationship with any man when most men are conditioned to suppress every emotion that isn't anger or lust, even more difficult when you factor in the internalized homophobia, the inflated male ego and shallowness in general.

But yea...I guess there's someone out there for everyone n stuff.

That's interesting. I know it's common for hetero men to suppress their emotions, but it's common for gay men too? I really wouldn't know -- I'm so openly emotional and wear my heart on my sleeve. I assumed many other people were like that as well.

I don't wanna sound ignorant, but I think the lot of black gay men have adopted one of two emotional personalities: the Regina George Mean Girl act, ready to read somebody at the drop of a hat or the masc-only DL guy who is too concerned with whether or not people will still see the average straight man when they look at him. Any and everything in between is ostracized or seen as less than.