Kesha Talks New Music and Jerry Seinfeld Hug Rejection on Sirius XM's Hits 1 in

Started by Lazarus, July 07, 2017, 02:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Kesha stopped by SiriusXM's Hits 1 in Hollywood to talk about her new single, "Praying", the difficulties and pressures of releasing her first new music in nearly five years and how it felt to be "hug denied" by Jerry Seinfeld.

Her emotionally charged new single "Praying" was released July 6 along with its video which features a lengthy monolog with lines such as "What is the lesson? What is the point? God, give me a sign, or I have to give up. I can't do this anymore. Please just let me die. Being alive hurts too much." When asked on-air about those dark thoughts, Kesha eloquently explained how she believes every adult has had thoughts like hers at some point, "even for a fleeting moment," and that it's healthy to talk about feeling really down sometimes.

Kesha goes on to say that her new record Rainbow, out August 11, is about "getting back to [her] joy". She continued, choking up: "My idea of Rainbow is what got me through the last four years of my life... The idea that maybe one day I could be sitting here talking to you guys about my new song that's on the radio... Digging deep into my guts and saying the hardest thing I could even think of -- the thing that made me wanna cry the most -- and then saying it.?

She also confirmed that the new album will also feature plenty of fun songs as well. ''I'm not just miserable!" she joked.

Kesha later laughed about Jerry Seinfeld rejecting a hug she tried to give him on the red carpet. "I shoulda known better," she admitted. "I've seen the [Seinfeld] hugging episode, that was my fault."

After the awkward situation, Kesha told Hits 1 Radio that she thought to herself, "'Wow, maybe I should stop trying to hug everyone and like attacking them.?" She decided against it. "I was like, 'F--k that! No! I like hugging, hugging is magical, hugging is beautiful.'"

The pop star said she was rewarded soon after rewarded for sticking with hugs, when she met her idol Bob Dylan at a festival they were both playing. "He just opened his beautiful arms and gave me the most wonderful, healing, Bob Dylan hug that I have ever dreamt of," she gushed, "and I just could care less about anything else."

When asked about the pressure on her new music, she explained that since the final product she has been working on for so long is finally complete, she does not really feel much pressure at all!. "I hope people like it, I really do, but it's really different than the music I used to make," she related. "So some people will like it and I?m sure some people won?t- but like what do you do? Some people are huggers, some aren?t!?

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....