Chance the Rapper Declares on Twitter That 'SoundCloud Is Here to Stay'

Started by Lazarus, July 14, 2017, 05:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Just when you thought SoundCloud was near its demise, Chance the Rapper has allegedly injected life into the digital streaming service.

On Thursday (July 13), reports surfaced that SoundCloud only had enough funding to last until the fourth quarter of 2017. Stunned by the news, the Chicago MC dialed in on Twitter to ensure that the fate of the streaming service was being taken care of. "I'm working on the SoundCloud thing," said Chance on Thursday.

Hours after deliberation, Chano returned on social media with some new news regarding the standing of Soundcloud. ?Just had a very fruitful call with Alex Ljung. @SoundCloud is here to stay,? he tweeted.

While Chance's tweet provides the Internet and aspiring rappers a glimmer of hope, there hasn't been any concrete details or reports on what transpired behind the scenes. On Thursday, nearly 40% of the company's employees were laid off in what was deemed a cost-cutting move. According to Bloomberg, the decision was made in hopes of competing with rivaling streaming services, most notably Spotify and Apple Music.

In addition, SoundCloud's offices in San Francisco and London were expected to be shut down, while the New York and Berlin headquarters remained intact.

:stressed:

Opposites Attract.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

BAPHOMET.

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

KippDaddy

I can't rock with this dude.   

He better tape into his privledge

LOONA.

b7

b7

Opposites Attract.

n

What does his dad being Coined have to do with him investing in a company :uhh: isn't that the same shit white people teach and do with their kids?
:ummwhat:

It's unconditional, these days you know....

KING BENTLEY.

s

Ok this boy and his white privilege can gone somewhere now

I can't :plzstop:

H.#.G.*.Z

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: Margiela. on July 16, 2017, 05:42:43 AM
n

What does his dad being Coined have to do with him investing in a company :uhh: isn't that the same shit white people teach and do with their kids?
s

H.#.G.*.Z

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Margiela. on July 16, 2017, 05:42:43 AM
n

He keeps claiming this "independent" artist thing when his situation isn't every independents artists reality :dead:
Independent artists aren't getting Million dollar deals from huge music companies like Apple, independent artists usually don't have a rich affluent family to bankroll their studio sessions, or get the hook up with other influential music stars, they also don't have the power to remove negative reviews from music sites :dead:
He's a good guy but he's a bit phony

b7

Fddffff I can't believe he told MTV to retract a damn music review. Eek :dead: