Hide the oxtails!... Rihanna is fucking HUGE!

Started by XXX., August 10, 2017, 12:03:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLOCK

Quote from: 1RIG on August 11, 2017, 05:30:24 AM
Quote from: Cartier on August 10, 2017, 04:17:21 PM
I've stanned this girl since the beginning, I know what she's capable of :dead:

She's regressing as an artist/performer and that's just the fckin tea

n

Nah. Musically right now >
lmao yeah  :dead:

GLOCK

Quote from: 1RIG on August 11, 2017, 05:44:52 AM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:47:24 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 05:24:20 PM
Quote from: Drais. on August 10, 2017, 05:15:47 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 05:03:04 PM
Quote from: glock on August 10, 2017, 04:59:22 PM
Quote from: CHI CHI. on August 10, 2017, 04:57:05 PM
Quote from: glock on August 10, 2017, 04:52:43 PM
Quote from: GUCCI. on August 10, 2017, 04:50:43 PM
Quote from: CHI CHI. on August 10, 2017, 04:44:07 PM
And clearly this bitches stock has gone down.

Not it taking her 3-4 singles to finally go #1. With Drake on the song. The hottest rapper out. The Anti era was a FOOL.

:omf:

OMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM..

The way "FourFiveSeconds", "Bitch!", "American Oxygen" all struggled and they kept pushing the album back.  Then, scrapped all of them.

:kii:
d

it was a messy era
what artist doesnt have this after 7 albums?

how many hit songs did lemonade propel?  :plzstop:
Lemonade had no #1's and still ECLIPSED Anti  :dead:

That's what y'all don't get

Beyonc? is just THAT bitch. :omf:
v

lemondade had no actual hits..
in fact she hasnt had a hit since drunk

with a full on movie with that weak ass album..
and sacrificing the privacy of her marriage with that ugly nigga..
it sorta had no choice but to do cool...
adele still shitted all over her .. with little effort...

adele is actually that bitch.. u know the girl that won album of the year

n

"Formation" went Top 10.

And every song from Lemonade charted from TIDAL only!

Now, imagine if she actually GAVE a fuck and put her music on Apple Music & Spotify.

Keep believing she CAN'T chart versus she doesn't care.

This is why I KI at them when they talk about hit singles.

Beyonc? has literally mastered the art of being a celebrity/artist. Why would obtaining a hit single be a difficult feat for her? She is a 20 year veteran. She knows the game and how it works. She's not trying nor does she care.

I'm still screaming at the way she handicapped "Formation" left and right and it still skyrocketed into the Top 10 after being available for Free 99 for months. And they act like "Drunk In Love" didn't skyrocket to #2 after she grinding on a chair for 4 minutes at the Grammys.  :dead:     

Thank you!  "Formation" could have went #1 if it would have been released to all streaming platforms after the Super Bowl.  But this bitch gave it away as a free download on TIDAL.  :uhh:

"Sorry" went #11 on TIDAL streams only. 

I've come to realize that Beyonce just does not care about that anymore.
Rihanna is turning 30 in February.  Does she think Pop radio is going to have her in heavy rotation forever?  Top 40, and the industry in general, is ageist.  She's probably only got about a few years left scoring big Pop hits and consistent #1's.  We saw with Anti it's not as easy as it was before.

Which is why it's so important to start creating eras & music that have real impact.  Even if it doesn't top the charts, create something moving and compelling to create a legacy for your work.  "Formation" wasn't a #1, but I couldn't tell the way it stormed 2016. 

The Rihs don't seem to get that.

hhggg

Imagine a full rollout of it.

"Formation" put on Youtube the day before the Superbowl but NOT unlisted
Superbowl performance
Immediate release to all digital retailers followed by all streaming services

:gorlonfire:

And Bey wised up, She had her fun when she was younger and first started and got her hits out, but then she realized in order to surpass the music and leave your mark you kinda need to transcend a bit.

Honestly Ryan Tedder said it best. He's done so many interviews talking about her not needing pop radio or traditional hit single rollouts in order to make impact. I wish I could find them all.

I can't feel bad for Rih tbh. Her team keeps relying on newbie tactics to keep her afloat. As soon as she stopped releasing albums yearly the was the beginning of the MESS. And it just keeps getting worse.

And yh kinda amaze how Formation was the talk of 2016. Meanwhile "Work" perched at #1 for weeks but what did you actually hear about it other than all the Youtube parodies or people making fun of how she was singing the lyrics? No impact or lasting impression whatsoever. Just another hit for her discography.

I don't think they will ever understand.   :dead:     

these points are all valid but do y'all really think if Bey thought she could rack up some #1's she wouldn't go for it a bit?  Like, if 4 didn't do what it did, her formula would be a bit different right now?

I think if Run the world really smashed and did what she thought it would in Pop land, this conversation would be a bit different. Maybe she wouldn't have gone with the whole surprise album thing
lemme just..

CHOKE

You girls should be thanking Bey for the surprise release mess

Witbout it Rih wouldn't have thought of the Samsung mess.

It didn't work out quite as well tho did it?

❄️☃️🌨� Shuji Feels Different 🌨�☃️❄️

Stans do the most. On both sides. Rihanna is a RICH thick bitch. I don't see the ki. She's not unhealthy or anything and none of this "dragging" will affect her in any way. She will continue to do whatever the fuck she wants and keep you girls in fumes. This is entertaining though...

fedswatchin

Cccvvvbbbbvvcccccccvv

Yeah, where's rih's award

CHOKE

Quote from: OwnIt on August 11, 2017, 09:47:34 AM
Cccvvvbbbbvvcccccccvv

Yeah, where's rih's award

The bitch was in her chair all night

:dead:

fedswatchin

LOONA.

Not it taking her 3-4 singles to finally go #1. With Drake on the song. The hottest rapper out. The Anti era was a FOOL.

The way "FourFiveSeconds", "Bitch!", "American Oxygen" all struggled and they kept pushing the album back.  Then, scrapped all of them.

d

it was a messy era

v

n

"Formation" went Top 10.

Now, imagine if she actually GAVE a fuck and put her music on Apple Music & Spotify.

Beyonc? has literally mastered the art of being a celebrity/artist. Why would obtaining a hit single be a difficult feat for her? She is a 20 year veteran. She knows the game and how it works. She's not trying nor does she care.

I'm still screaming at the way she handicapped "Formation" left and right and it still skyrocketed into the Top 10 after being available for Free 99 for months. And they act like "Drunk In Love" didn't skyrocket to #2 after she grinding on a chair for 4 minutes at the Grammys.  :dead:     

Thank you!  "Formation" could have went #1 if it would have been released to all streaming platforms after the Super Bowl.  But this bitch gave it away as a free download on TIDAL.  :uhh:

Rihanna is turning 30 in February.  Does she think Pop radio is going to have her in heavy rotation forever?  Top 40, and the industry in general, is ageist.  She's probably only got about a few years left scoring big Pop hits and consistent #1's.  We saw with Anti it's not as easy as it was before.

Which is why it's so important to start creating eras & music that have real impact.  Even if it doesn't top the charts, create something moving and compelling to create a legacy for your work.  "Formation" wasn't a #1, but I couldn't tell the way it stormed 2016. 

hhggg

Superbowl performance

And Bey wised up, She had her fun when she was younger and first started and got her hits out, but then she realized in order to surpass the music and leave your mark you kinda need to transcend a bit.

Honestly Ryan Tedder said it best. He's done so many interviews talking about her not needing pop radio or traditional hit single rollouts in order to make impact. I wish I could find them all.

I can't feel bad for Rih tbh. Her team keeps relying on newbie tactics to keep her afloat. As soon as she stopped releasing albums yearly the was the beginning of the MESS. And it just keeps getting worse.

And yh kinda amaze how Formation was the talk of 2016. Meanwhile "Work" perched at #1 for weeks but what did you actually hear about it other than all the Youtube parodies or people making fun of how she was singing the lyrics? No impact or lasting impression whatsoever. Just another hit for her discography.

these points are all valid but do y'all really think if Bey thought she could rack up some #1's she wouldn't go for it a bit?  Like, if 4 didn't do what it did, her formula would be a bit different right now?

I think if Run the world really smashed and did what she thought it would in Pop land, this conversation would be a bit different. Maybe she wouldn't have gone with the whole surprise album thing

How do you know what she expected 4 and RTW to do?

:udontlookok:

Your entire post is nothing but assumptions and what ifs. She threw out an R&B album in the middle of 2011 where the genre was practically nonexistent on radio. The majority of the mainstream and popular acts that year were all riding the EDM wave, so I doubt "smashes" were a priority for her. Outside of two or 3 songs it was pretty much crafted for Urban radio which it dominated on.

And all of the singles still went platinum anyway, so......?

b7

Quote from: Drais. on August 11, 2017, 09:56:54 AM

d

it was a messy era

v

n

"Formation" went Top 10.

hhggg

Superbowl performance

How do you know what she expected 4 and RTW to do?

:udontlookok:

Your entire post is nothing but assumptions and what ifs. She threw out an R&B album in the middle of 2011 where the genre was practically nonexistent on radio. The majority of the mainstream and popular acts that year were all riding the EDM wave, so I doubt "smashes" were a priority for her. Outside of two or 3 songs it was pretty much crafted for Urban radio which it dominated on.

And all of the singles still went platinum anyway, so......?

n

That was the point of my post. I was literally asking u a question not putting out as fact

Of course I don't know what she wanted. I'm just thinking out loud ... maybe if things went differently, things would be a bit different now. She was Beyonc? at the time just like she is now :dead: run the world was definitely an anthem meant to rule the charts IMO. That had to be a surprise when it didn't do well at all

The previous era she was on fire so it's not a stretch to think that whatever she did no matter WHAT, would slay

fedswatchin

Run the World was definitely a smash record also :kii: as was Love on Top

Bey gets memorable hits each and every era :diddraispoot:

b7

Quote from: OwnIt on August 11, 2017, 10:06:10 AM

she always makes an impact

I meant smash as in top 5 record tho. I'm sure everyone was shocked to see her struggle with it (chart wise)

LOONA.

Quote from: 1RIG on August 11, 2017, 10:07:42 AM
Quote from: OwnIt on August 11, 2017, 10:06:10 AM

she always makes an impact

I meant smash as in top 5 record tho. I'm sure everyone was shocked to see her struggle with it (chart wise)

What exactly is a "smash" record to you?

And DIL peaked at 2 and stayed in the Top 10 for 2 months.     

:diddraispoot: