DJ Khaled, Kendrick Lamar & Cardi B Top Nominees for 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards

Started by Lazarus, September 14, 2017, 01:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Newcomer Cardi B joins Kendrick Lamar and DJ Khaled as the lead nominees for the BET Hip Hop Awards 2017, tied with nine nominations each. In addition, the awards ceremony moves from Atlanta to Miami this year: taping on Oct. 6 at The Fillmore Miami Beach at Jackie Gleason Theater and premiering on Oct. 10 (8 p.m. ET/PT).

Lamar and DJ Khaled share nominations in several categories including single of the year, album of the year, best hip hop video, hustler of the year and MVP of the year. With nods as well for single of the year, best hip hop video, MVP of the year and hustler of the year, Cardi B is also up for best new hip hop artist. Rounding out that category are: Playboi Carti, Amin?, Kodak Black and Tee Grizzley.

Jay-Z and Chance the Rapper rang up the second-most nominations with five nods each, vying against each other for lyricist of the year, MVP of the year and hustler of the year. Jay-Z?s nods also include album of the year, while Chance the Rapper earned a nod in the hot ticket performer category. Tied at four nominations each are Future and Migos, both of whom are nominated for single of the year, album of the year and the Made-You-Look Award (best hip-hop style).
In the wake of Hurricane Irma, BET interim head of programming Connie Orlando said in a statement, ?While BET is extremely excited to bring the BET Hip Hop Awards to Miami, we remain sensitive to the millions of victims affected by Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Harvey.

Our hearts, thoughts and prayers are with those who are facing the impact of this catastrophic storm. As a network, we are committed to offering our full support during this most devastating time. Through Hip Hop Awards 2017, our ?Hip Hop for Hurricane Relief? will bring together some of the biggest names in hip hop to acknowledge those in need as the country begins the difficult process of rebuilding.?

Full list
http://www.bet.com/shows/hip-hop-awards/2017/photos/nominees/hip-hop-awards-17-nominees.html

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Damn, looking at these categories and NONE  of nicki's solo mess was nominated. This girl is really done :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Pearls Khan

Vonc2002

Onika

Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

Kaeli.

Quote from: Pearls on September 14, 2017, 02:52:55 PM
They didn't recognize any of Nicki's attempts? Shit
um ur rude

U don't see her best style nom? :uhh: :diddraispoot:

Psilocybin

Cardi for the win! Don't think any of the three pack from Paris should be nominated, but BET is in fumes with Nicki for not attending the awards this year!

b7

Damn! Congrats to Cardi. That's some pretty great company to be in :dead: I'm so curious to hear her stuff with Drake

And Those 3 songs were God awful. Nicki better learn from this

BAPHOMET.

what even is this show?  :udontlookok: :damselindistress:

at first i thought this was about the BET Awards but im like...ummm. didnt that already pass. Doubt Nicki cares lol

Vonc2002

BAPHOMET.

Yea, i've heard of it but never bothered. Its like the Source Awards right? :udontlookok:

Lazarus