"Ciara should be on the level of Beyonce & Rihanna"

Started by MAY, September 25, 2017, 03:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

Ciara didn't have the right machine around her to help her successfully phase out of the crunk sound.

I know she prides herself on having creative control over her music, but maybe it's time to play label puppet for a bit and let someone else make the decisions.

MAY

Quote from: Nine on September 25, 2017, 04:07:47 PM
"Jackie" sold 300k?

This girl never really knows what she's talking about.

:udontlookok:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Ain't no way

I think she got that off Wikipedia

Cowgirl

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on September 25, 2017, 04:04:10 PM
Quote from: BowDown on September 25, 2017, 03:57:57 PM
Ciara, without a doubt, should have been bigger than Rih.

Why do you say that?
Ciara?s dancing/stage presence for one. She was also a sweetheart and had way more personality than Rih during her first two eras. She because robotic after..

fedswatchin

Honestly, the fact that Future executive produced her self-titled album was one of the best decisions she's made. That was her best commercially-focused product since Goodies :stressed: People always talk about how they don't skip one track on that album. And of course the success of Body Party exemplified this smart decision.

She'll hopefully approach C7 with a similar strategy

Cartierline

Quote from: ANIMMAI on September 25, 2017, 04:08:06 PM
I know she prides herself on having creative control over her music, but maybe it's time to play label puppet for a bit and let someone else make the decisions.

!!!!

Because 'Ciara' >>>>>

fedswatchin

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on September 25, 2017, 04:09:08 PM
Quote from: Nine on September 25, 2017, 04:07:47 PM
"Jackie" sold 300k?

This girl never really knows what she's talking about.

:udontlookok:

bbbbbbbbbbbbbb

Ain't no way

I think she got that off Wikipedia
well, do you have the figures hun? :plea:

Cartierline

I think it was Ton' that said something about Ci being indecisive in the direction she wanted to go from era and he was completely right.

She just needs an era with a clear direction like 'Ciara' again.

XXX.

September 25, 2017, 04:17:13 PM #22 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 04:17:52 PM by XXX.
Quote from: Baph al Mana. on September 25, 2017, 04:06:24 PM
perfect thread to post this in.

unrelated to the topic tbh. But. kinda... what i've taken recently from Solange & SZA's recent success is you can go years of "flopping" but if you make an excellent body of work that the girls can connect to you'll win. of course a little bit of rebranding as well.

im sorry but no one has anymore excuses for flopping hard. unless your work sucks flat out.

!!!!

SZA and Solange prove to me that the critics and people love concepts.  Solange played off of the social climate of BLM, and SZA is like the awkward black girl wearing her insecurities on her sleeve with strong songwriting.  Plus, SZA is benefitting from the lane being wide open with both Beyonce and Rihanna being on break.

The lane is honestly wide open this year.  I don't know what Teyana Taylor, Kelly Rowland, and a lot of other girls are doing.  This is the perfect year to drop your best stuff, because people are thirsty for fresh blood.  And streaming is in control of the charts right now.

If Ciara drops another uninspired chart chasing album half Urban/half Z100, she's a fool.  Because the industry is set up right now for an artist specifically like her (Urban/hip hop leaning) to win if the music is right.  If "Love Galore" can go Gold, Ciara can do it too.  And it doesn't have to be compromised.

MelMel

Drogon

Quote from: OwnIt on September 25, 2017, 03:59:54 PM
I agree Ci's music doesn't hold up to theirs

BUT as far as looks. She is one of the most beautiful women on earth

She can overcome the music part but she needs a strong team behind her

b7

unrelated to the topic tbh. But. kinda... what i've taken recently from Solange & SZA's recent success is you can go years of "flopping" but if you make an excellent body of work that the girls can connect to you'll win. of course a little bit of rebranding as well.

im sorry but no one has anymore excuses for flopping hard. unless your work sucks flat out.
well not just quality but you have to be likable and connect with the people as well. Its a combination of things but overall I definitely agree with you

Although the industry still aint showing love to anyone pushing 40, IMO. I dont see it

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: XXX. on September 25, 2017, 04:17:13 PM

!!!!

SZA and Solange prove to me that the critics and people love concepts.  Solange played off of the social climate of BLM, and SZA is like the awkward black girl wearing her insecurities on her sleeve with strong songwriting.  Plus, SZA is benefitting from the lane being wide open with both Beyonce and Rihanna being on break.

The lane is honestly wide open this year.  I don't know what Teyana Taylor, Kelly Rowland, and a lot of other girls are doing.  This is the perfect year to drop your best stuff, because people are thirsty for fresh blood.  And streaming is in control of the charts right now.

If Ciara drops another uninspired chart chasing album half Urban/half Z100, she's a fool.  Because the industry is set up right now for an artist specifically like her (Urban/hip hop leaning) to win if the music is right.  If "Love Galore" can go Gold, Ciara can do it too.  And it doesn't have to be compromised.

While Teyana is up here trying to give SUPERMODEL and releasing bullshit like that "Drippin" song  :uhh: :plzstop:
and Kelly with that trash mess that she gave up on "Conceited".  Its almost like they're all waiting for Bey and Rih to get back to MESSING.

The music climate right now is perfect for releasing what you want and it succeeding. Bubblegum POP songs aren't even what's hot anymore on the charts. Songs that make statements (no matter the subject). "Love Galore" is really a good example of that. and tbh Its honestly why a songs like "Formation" (could've been bigger if released correctly) and "HUMBLE" were successes. Not too mention their visual.

b7

But yes, Ciara had all of the tools necessary for a superstar. Idk what happened

Its like a couple missteps in the fantasy ride era werent forgiven   

Scott.

Quote from: 1RIG on September 25, 2017, 04:32:37 PM
But yes, Ciara had all of the tools necessary for a superstar. Idk what happened

Its like a couple missteps in the fantasy ride era werent forgiven
i agree with all of this. She had a lot of potential

fedswatchin

Quote from: FM on September 25, 2017, 04:30:33 PM
Quote from: OwnIt on September 25, 2017, 03:59:54 PM
I agree Ci's music doesn't hold up to theirs

BUT as far as looks. She is one of the most beautiful women on earth

She can overcome the music part but she needs a strong team behind her

:gorlonfire: