Queen Justine makes history as 1st black female singer to kneel during Anthem

Started by Young, October 20, 2017, 10:06:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

Quote from: human nature on October 21, 2017, 09:58:11 AM
Who would've thought simply being too tired on a bus would change anything but it did.

You can't count out the "small" things because it's not the action in itself that's life changing but it's what it has the potential to spark/create which has the potential to be most meaningful or productive.

but this was just contradictory .

I see your point, but Rosa's gesture sparked an actual boycott. Black folks were carpooling to work and school to prove a point and it worked. The niggas who were applauding Colin are still tuning to watch football every Sunday.

There doesn't seem to a clear goal here other than looking like you're down for the cause.

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 21, 2017, 04:13:00 PM
Quote from: human nature on October 21, 2017, 09:58:11 AM
Who would've thought simply being too tired on a bus would change anything but it did.

You can't count out the "small" things because it's not the action in itself that's life changing but it's what it has the potential to spark/create which has the potential to be most meaningful or productive.

but this was just contradictory .

I see your point, but Rosa's gesture sparked an actual boycott. Black folks were carpooling to work and school to prove a point and it worked. The niggas who were applauding Colin are still tuning to watch football every Sunday.

There doesn't seem to a clear goal here other than looking like you're down for the cause.
I still don't see the point in what Justine did and in no way find it directly comparable to Rosa Parks. I was speaking in regard to small gestures in general. It was a bit of a side thought. Hope that makes sense.

And I agree - my point was that smaller gestures in themselves may not be the biggest gamechangers but it is what they can spark which makes a big difference. In general.

b7

b7

Quote from: ANIMMAI on October 21, 2017, 02:09:07 AM
Yeah, I'm not clapping for this :dead:

And I'm confused as to what comes next after as a result of thw kneeling business. Are we trying get Colin back on team? If he does get back on team, do we go back to standing? Are we trying to change NFL policy regarding players? As of right now, this is nothing more than an edgy gesture to piss off white people.
thats part of the goal

It was originally intended to get these white girls to acknowledge police brutality and all, but now we?re just trying to get them to at least LISTEN to the outrage and for the NFL to change some policies for sure

Their commissioner is a piece of shit

HUGO

She should?ve changed the lyrics a bit

Give the whiteys a lil remix

b7

Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on October 21, 2017, 09:43:15 AM

And I'm confused as to what comes next after as a result of thw kneeling business. Are we trying get Colin back on team? If he does get back on team, do we go back to standing? Are we trying to change NFL policy regarding players? As of right now, this is nothing more than an edgy gesture to piss off white people.
sssssssss

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like .... what is the kneeling actually accomplishing. I mean do it if you like, but better action strategies can be attributed to the BLM movement

Change the political, judicial, and law enforcement infrastructure or I swear to GOD I?m gonna keep kneeling white ppl! ARRRGGGHHH!!!?
:fuming:
it was doing some good getting the conversation started until Trump and the girls successfully changed th narrative and made it about something else entirely

Cowgirl

Quote from: 1RIG on October 21, 2017, 05:10:27 PM
Quote from: ORORO MUNROE-UDAKU on October 21, 2017, 09:43:15 AM

sssssssss

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Like .... what is the kneeling actually accomplishing. I mean do it if you like, but better action strategies can be attributed to the BLM movement

Change the political, judicial, and law enforcement infrastructure or I swear to GOD I?m gonna keep kneeling white ppl! ARRRGGGHHH!!!?
:fuming:
it was doing some good getting the conversation started until Trump and the girls successfully changed th narrative and made it about something else entirely
!!!