Previous topic - Next topic

Mel.

Quote from: Onika on October 23, 2017, 04:04:32 PM
Quote from: Mel. on October 23, 2017, 04:01:31 PM
You gorls want Taylor to fail so bad
but it never happens...

when will you all give it up?

n

Based off of the 3 songs she's put out so far, this Reputation mess is shaping up to be her worst album to date.

And like every white pop girl, she won't last forever. Her time will come. :woohoo:

We'll just have to see when the album releases won't we?

🦚

Quote from: Mel. on October 23, 2017, 04:05:27 PM
Quote from: BardiGang Sle on October 23, 2017, 04:03:14 PM
but it never happens...

Girl take your blinders off and have a healthy discussion.

I praised 1989. This new mess is just not moving me  :letsmessfag:

and hun, that is YOUR opinion
I like what I've heard so far...

no need for blinders... I think everyone knows by now if I don't like something
I have absolutely no issue in saying I don't

I?ve known you for 12 years and I?ve never seen you say you don?t use when it comes to your faves.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

XXX.

Quote from: Onika on October 23, 2017, 04:02:47 PM
Quote from: XXX. on October 23, 2017, 03:56:17 PM
Quote from: Onika on October 23, 2017, 03:49:27 PM
Quote from: BardiGang Sle on October 23, 2017, 03:42:41 PM
Quote from: Mel. on October 23, 2017, 03:42:04 PM
1. She removed it from radio to make way for the 2nd single, which would explain the drop.
2. She still shits on your fav artists.
3. Anything else?

Can I get a receipt of the record getting pulled?

She definitey removed it. It was stalling at #4 on Pop radio and then her team used payola to get it to #1 and now she's pulling it to make room for Ready For It.

This isn't uncommon. Earlier this year, Katy pulled Chained from the radios to make room for Bon Appetit. In the days leading up to Bon Appetit's release, Chained to the Rhythm was getting -5M updates on Pop radio.

http://kworb.net/radio/pop/archives/20170423.html
http://kworb.net/radio/pop/archives/20170424.html
http://kworb.net/radio/pop/archives/20170425.html
http://kworb.net/radio/pop/archives/20170426.html

You honestly have no proof of that.

The song did not perform well on streaming platforms, and the sales were not very great.  Also the radio call out scores were bad.

This song simply did not connect with the public.

The label pulling it excuse has no weight, because it has been having lackluster radio updates for about a month now.

It's literally normal for labels to pull a song from radio to make room for the next single. Regardless of CTTR's poor streaming performance, it was still in the Top 10 of Pop radio and they pulled it to make room for Bon Appetit.

Taylor is doing the same thing. She's pulling LWYMMD from radio to make room for Ready For It. She's releasing the video late Thursday night at the start of the tracking week and we can expect Ready For It to have a radio deal on Friday.

Taylor is gonna do whatever it takes to get a hit (props to her). Let's not forget she has an album coming out in 2 weeks so she's gonna do anything she can to promote the album.

Happens all the time!

You have ZERO proof of this.  Don't tell me what ATRLers tell each other to soften the blow for their fave's music being dropped. 

The song did not connect beyond the first few weeks, and has been struggling at radio for a month.  The radio, sales & streaming response are all consistent with a song that did not connect well beyond initial hype.  This was not something that happened as a result of the label sending out some alert. 

She had another song ready to go that's already Top 20 at Pop, and now she's rolling it out. 

Onika

but it never happens...

You stan for success, NOT quality, so it's easy to see why you'd like all 3 songs she's put out.

Quality wise, all 3 songs are shit.
Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

XXX.

Quote from: Onika on October 23, 2017, 04:08:04 PM
but it never happens...

You stan for success, NOT quality, so it's easy to see why you'd like all 3 songs she's put out.

The irony of you talking about quality when Nicki's music in 2017 is absolute garbage.

🦚

Quote from: XXX. on October 23, 2017, 04:07:14 PM
1. She removed it from radio to make way for the 2nd single, which would explain the drop.
3. Anything else?

She definitey removed it. It was stalling at #4 on Pop radio and then her team used payola to get it to #1 and now she's pulling it to make room for Ready For It.

This isn't uncommon. Earlier this year, Katy pulled Chained from the radios to make room for Bon Appetit. In the days leading up to Bon Appetit's release, Chained to the Rhythm was getting -5M updates on Pop radio.

The song did not perform well on streaming platforms, and the sales were not very great.  Also the radio call out scores were bad.

The label pulling it excuse has no weight, because it has been having lackluster radio updates for about a month now.

It's literally normal for labels to pull a song from radio to make room for the next single. Regardless of CTTR's poor streaming performance, it was still in the Top 10 of Pop radio and they pulled it to make room for Bon Appetit.

Taylor is doing the same thing. She's pulling LWYMMD from radio to make room for Ready For It. She's releasing the video late Thursday night at the start of the tracking week and we can expect Ready For It to have a radio deal on Friday.

Taylor is gonna do whatever it takes to get a hit (props to her). Let's not forget she has an album coming out in 2 weeks so she's gonna do anything she can to promote the album.

Happens all the time!

You have ZERO proof of this.  Don't tell me what ATRLers tell each other to soften the blow for their fave's music being dropped. 

The song did not connect beyond the first few weeks, and has been struggling at radio for a month.  The radio, sales & streaming response are all consistent with a song that did not connect well beyond initial hype.  This was not something that happened as a result of the label sending out some alert. 

She had another song ready to go that's already Top 20 at Pop, and now she's rolling it out.

The amount of money it costs to work a song on pop. I can?t see anyone pulling a song. Unless it?s been 6 months of heavy rotations. The way the charts are now songs can?t easily chart simultaneously.
——————///——————-

Mel.

Quote from: BardiGang Sle on October 23, 2017, 04:07:01 PM
but it never happens...

I?ve known you for 12 years and I?ve never seen you say you don?t use when it comes to your faves.

12 years?
no one here has known me for that long

but I disagree, I think I've been just as vocal with my favs as everyone else
but I can honestly say more times than not, my favs don't disappoint me
I guess I've been blessed in picking the artists I've picked as my favs

como la whore

XXX.

Quote from: BardiGang Sle on October 23, 2017, 04:09:53 PM
3. Anything else?

Happens all the time!

The amount of money it costs to work a song on pop. I can?t see anyone pulling a song. Unless it?s been 6 months of heavy rotations. The way the charts are now songs can?t easily chart simultaneously.

YEAH.

She didn't pull it.  After the call out scores came in negative, radio started dropping spins.  And it's been having a slow death over the last few weeks.  It honestly started once "Ready For It?" dropped, and it just gradually slowed down.  It seemed like radio couldn't wait to drop it.  LOL.

He's acting like the song was smashing, and then her label sent out an alert to drop the song to make way for "REady For It?".  First of all, that doesn't even make sense, because "RFI?" is already Top 20.  Secondly, a simple impact or adds date would have done the trick.

The song just had zero longevity.  And people really didn't like it.  She could have burped for 3 minutes, and her first single was going to go #1 coming off the 1989 era.

Mel.

Quote from: Onika on October 23, 2017, 04:08:04 PM
but it never happens...

That's where you're wrong luv...
I'm not like a lot of gorls that jump on what's hot or topping the charts

if I gravitate to a songs it's because I genuinely like it
there's a lot of hit songs that I don't like

Onika

3. Anything else?

Happens all the time!

n

Regardless of what you said, CTTR was a huge worldwide hit. It was one of the biggest hits this year in Europe & was still in the Top 10 in many European countries in April/May.

If you look at songs that peaked on Pop radio that peaked and decline, the usual decline is between 1M-2.5M each day. A decline of -5M each day for several days is unnatural unless it's been pulled by a label.

I've been tracking charts for years, trust me when I say the reason why CTTR declined so quickly on radio is because Katy and her label pulled it from radio.
Nicki & Cardi searching for Remy's top 10 hit:

🦚

Quote from: Mel. on October 23, 2017, 04:10:40 PM
but it never happens...

12 years?

N

Mel Gyal.

And we go back to 2005.
——————///——————-

Mel.

Eternal Bell

Mel.

October 23, 2017, 04:15:41 PM #44 Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 04:18:11 PM by Mel.
Quote from: BardiGang Sle on October 23, 2017, 04:14:42 PM
Quote from: Mel. on October 23, 2017, 04:10:40 PM
but it never happens...

12 years?

N

Mel Gyal.

And we go back to 2005.

I don't know who you are, but okay
what's your name, who am I speaking with?