I need help guys

Started by Scott., December 04, 2017, 01:25:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott.

I'm seriously not good with consoling people at all and I guess that's just the Aquarius in me. My cousin lost his grandmother a few weeks ago and he just called me breaking down after seeing a photo of her and I get it. He's still greving and it's still fresh.

I really don't have much to say. I'm just sitting on the phone like  :udontlookok: and I promise you, I'm not being rude. But I don't know how to deal with emotion. All I can do is talk him through it.

FlowerBomb

Just be there, you don't have to be the best speaker, or find the most profound things to say everytime he wants to grieve.
Just be there whenever he wants to cry or wants a shoulder to lean on, that's the best thing to do.

Scott.

Quote from: Yah. on December 04, 2017, 02:03:05 PM
Just be there, you don't have to be the best speaker, or find the most profound things to say everytime he wants to grieve.
Just be there whenever he wants to cry or wants a shoulder to lean on, that's the best thing to do.

True.

He did thank me for listening to him and everything.

ya rock muh world.

December 04, 2017, 02:13:08 PM #3 Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 02:13:50 PM by power.
That's all you really need to do tbh.

Sometimes people just need someone to listen to them. You don't need to be a professional therapist; you're just being a good friend by picking up your phone and consoling him the best way you know how. Let it flow naturally. Don't feel bad that you don't have all the answers.

I'd say the best thing you could do right now as a friend is offer them friendly distractions - get them out of the house to somewhere fun. Even if it's just dinner or something.

MAY

I know how you feel. I never know what to say in situations like that.

Just be there for him. Sometimes your presence is enough.

Scott.

Quote from: power. on December 04, 2017, 02:13:08 PM
That's all you really need to do tbh.

Sometimes people just need someone to listen to them. You don't need to be a professional therapist; you're just being a good friend by picking up your phone and consoling him the best way you know how. Let it flow naturally. Don't feel bad that you don't have all the answers.

I'd say the best thing you could do right now as a friend is offer them friendly distractions - get them out of the house to somewhere fun. Even if it's just dinner or something.

Well he's no longer in Mississippi now, he left for Atlanta about two in a half years ago, so all we have is the phone. So that's what makes it hard.

🦚

Just sitting listening is enough. Sometimes ppl just need to vent.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

Lazarus

All you can do is listen and let him vent. A shoulder to cry on.

GRAND

Didn't you do this to someone else before? zznxnnxxnxn

KING BENTLEY.

eh ... it's a balance, not a bad trait imo
I actually wish I was more emotionally detached

some ppl like that actually give the best advice or comfort because they see everything so clearly

H.#.G.*.Z

Scott.