Spike Lee?s ?She?s Gotta Have It? Renewed For Season 2

Started by Lazarus, January 03, 2018, 12:15:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

She?s Gotta Have It is about to get some more. The show?s creator Spike Lee and star DeWanda Wise, who plays Nola Darling in the TV adaptation of Lee?s 1986 indie film, made the announcement that the series has been renewed for a second season.

Lee rang in the new year by making the announcement via an Instagram video while Wise also took to the social media platform to celebrate the news with a picture of herself from season one and the caption, ?Back ta werq! Season [2] is OFFICIAL!!! Can?t wait to return to BK. Congrats to [all of us].?

The updated TV version of Lee?s groundbreaking film keeps with the spirit of the source material, giving a provocative mix of drama and comedy. The series, which garnered positive reviews, marks Lee?s first foray into series television.

Wise?s Nola Darling is an uncompromising woman in her late twenties living in Brooklyn, struggling to define herself and divide her time among her friends, her job, and her lovers. Lee created and produced the show and directed all 10 episodes of the first season which was released last year on Thanksgiving weekend. Tonya Lewis Lee is executive producer. Barry Michael Cooper and Lynn Nottage are also producers.

The series also stars Cleo Anthony, Lyriq Bent, Anthony Ramos, Heather Headley, Margot Bingham, Chyna Layne, and Elise Hudson.

[instagram]
[/instagram]

[instagram]
[/instagram]

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

Hope they get some better, younger writers in there lol congrats

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Will Smith's BRIGHT is getting a sequel too. After all that hooplah

STUNNA GOD

D

It started out cute, but then it got the fuck terrible.

Harlem

Quote from: 1RIG on January 03, 2018, 12:18:07 PM
Hope they get some better, younger writers in there lol congrats

!!!!!!!!!

NOW THIS! This show ain?t gon last with these old ass writers

Vonc2002