ADELE: "Hello" on Itunes and "25" ready for pre-orders.

Started by FINE., October 22, 2015, 11:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BAPHOMET.

:plzstop: @ me reading about her scrapping everything she did with Ryan Teddar and only keeping "Remedy" and redoing the whole album.

QuoteOn 10 February 2013, she confirmed that she was in the very early stages of her third album and was having meetings while staying in Los Angeles for the 85th Academy Awards.[10][11] Initially recording sessions for 25 were unsuccessful, in which Adele suffered from writer's block. Adele rescheduled the album's recording stating she did not feel "ready", but returned to the studio when her son was eighteen months old, which inspired her to write an album about motherhood.[12][13] In an interview on BBC One, it was revealed that a whole album about being a mother was written and scrapped because she thought the material was "too boring".[14]
Adele stated that the album took a long time to write, saying she did not think the album was ever going to be finished, continuing to state the process was long.[15] During the initial recording Adele ran out of ideas and lost the ability to write songs, but her team encouraged her to go back to the drawing board and keep writing.[15] After what seemed like a very arduous process to the singer, who feared she may have lost the inspiration for her writing, the material that eventually became 25 manifested. Adele attempted to write 25 numerous times, but struggled, after taking time off due to motherhood Adele returned to the studio but stated she was not ready to start writing. She then went on to take more time off repeating this process "a couple of times".[16]
In 2013, Adele began recording once again, contacting friend and producer Kid Harpoon. Adele and Harpoon went to his recording studio, however the session was unproductive with Adele saying: "I don't know why I wasn't ready, I just couldn't access myself."[4] A few months passed and Adele traveled to New York to begin working with long time collaborator Ryan Tedder, but the sessions with Tedder were also unfruitful.[4] However Adele did use one of the songs from the sessions entitled "Remedy", which was written about her best friend, her grandparents, her boyfriend, and her son. Adele was excited by the song and believed she was finally creating music that she liked and felt confident about. After recording the song along with others she flew producer Rick Rubin to the studio who was displeased with the songs that she had written, and encouraged Adele to go back to the "drawing board".[4] Rubin described the songs as having no depth and stated to Adele;
Adele was anxious to be finished with the new album and move forward with life, I stressed the most important thing was to be true to her voice, even if that took longer and was more work ... In the new material I heard, it was clear she wasn't the primary writer ? many of the songs sounded like they might be on a different pop artist's album. It's not just her voice singing any song that makes it special."[17]
Breakthrough sessions
Adele continued to suffer with writers block, until she met with producer Greg Kurstin. During the meeting with Kurstin, Adele had a breakthrough: "It all poured right out of me."[18] "Hello" was written by Adele and Kurstin and produced by the latter, who also played bass, guitar, piano and keyboards, with Adele being credited as a drummer.[19] The song was written in Chiswick, London, something not normally done by Adele, who said she likes to write her music at home.[20] The writing process for the song was slow, taking six months to complete. Initially Adele and Kurstin started writing the first verse; finishing half of the song, six months later Adele contacted Kurstin to finish the song with her, with Kurstin stating he was not sure "if Adele was ever going to come back and finish it."[21] The main inspiration behind the record came from her motherhood, as well as singer Madonna's 1998 studio album, Ray of Light, and its song "Frozen".[21] Although Adele clarified that she "wasn't exposed to Madonna's catalog earlier" in life, she loved Madonna's electronic musical foray after hearing it. "I believe everything she says on it. Some of the songs on it are an ode to her first kid, and I needed that to challenge me." Along with Ray of Light, Adele also listened to musician Moby's fifth studio album, Play.[22]
You know what I found so amazing about [Ray of Light]? ... That's the record Madonna wrote after having her first child, and for me, it's her best. I was so all over the place after having a child, just because my chemicals were just hitting the fucking roof and shit like that ... I was just drifting away, and I couldn't find that many examples for myself where I was like, 'Fuck, they truly came back to themselves,' until someone was like, 'Well, obviously, Ray of Light.'[21]

The album was mixed at Electric Lady Studios.
During the album's recording Adele traveled to Los Angeles in order to give the recording sessions "one last push".[23] Adele spent two months in Los Angeles, and was determined to move forward with the album.[21] During the sessions in Los Angeles she also wrote "When We Were Young" alongside Tobias Jesso Jr., the track was written at a rented house where Adele used Philip Glass' piano.[12] Adele also worked with singer-songwriter Bruno Mars, initially the pair had attempted to create an uptempo song, however they created a "dramatic ballad" entitled "All I Ask".[21]
After unfruitful sessions with Tedder, the pair went to lunch where Adele heard Taylor Swift's single "I Knew You Were Trouble". Tedder informed Adele that the song was produced by Max Martin, and sent her clips of his work.[4] Shortly after this, Adele began work on the track "Send My Love (To Your New Lover)", reworking a skeleton of a song she had written when she was thirteen years old after being inspired by the release of Frank by Amy Winehouse.[4] Kurstin also co-wrote and produced the song "Million Years Ago". The song was not set to be included on the record, but was added three days prior to the album's mixing at Electric Lady Studios.[4]
Scrapped tracks
Adele co-wrote a song called "Alive" with Jesso and Sia. Initially written for 25 along with "Bird Set Free" and another track, Adele decided not to include any of the songs on the album. Following Adele's decision, Sia asked her permission to send the track to Rihanna, which Adele agreed to as long as her vocals were taken off the record, stating: "I don't want my vocal floating around out there on a demo." Sia eventually recorded it herself for her seventh studio album This Is Acting.[24] "Bird Set Free" was recorded by Adele but she decided not to include it due to it being too similar to Sia's work. Like "Alive" the song was later included on This Is Acting.[25]

Genesis

Quote from: Bentley! on November 22, 2015, 09:34:59 PM
this REGAL ass BITCH :dead:

when's the last time we've had someone like 'Dele tho.... be honest!

my gawd
:dead:

Yall really love this culture vulture huh