Started by Freemala Harris, March 09, 2018, 10:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

Full Episode:

The grapevine always brings it.

This is a very good watch + conversation. Ya'll should watch

Nine

#Mu7

these hotep "woke" ass people are annoying.
where is a shooter when you need them.
let the man live its not like he doesn't acknowledge and support blacks.
tbh he's a minority his own damn self.

Nine

I actually agree that Bruno won that Grammy because he's the non-threatening mulatto boy doing black music.

That's more on the music institution though.

He doesn't give me culture vulture like Miley and 'em. He's just making music.

Cowgirl

I agree with what she's saying but I'm a bit confused when it comes to Bruno. He shares a lot of the same genetic roots as some black artists but the issue with him is because he doesn't identify as a black person?

ya rock muh world.

This is fucked up to me.

If he grew up in the culture how could he be appropriating it?

Just because he doesn't look a certain way you're going to target him?

ya rock muh world.

And where the hell was this session and intervention when Miley was out there twerking on Black men in her videos?

We know damn well she didn't come from the culture but I saw no picket signs being raised.

Leave him alone.

#Mu7

Quote from: hai class. on March 09, 2018, 10:13:02 AM
This is fucked up to me.

If he grew up in the culture how could he be appropriating it?

Just because he doesn't look a certain way you're going to target him?

facts. i hate stupid ass people.

Zabi.

Quote from: Nine on March 09, 2018, 10:11:58 AM
I actually agree that Bruno won that Grammy because he's the non-threatening mulatto boy doing black music.

That's more on the music institution though.

He doesn't give me culture vulture like Miley and 'em. He's just making music.

Freemala Harris

Quote from: hai class. on March 09, 2018, 10:16:42 AM
And where the hell was this session and intervention when Miley was out there twerking on Black men in her videos?

We know damn well she didn't come from the culture but I saw no picket signs being raised.

Leave him alone.

fffffff

The social justice gors kinda wanted her dead since 2013  :guys:

http://www.slate.com/articles/double_x/doublex/2013/08/miley_cyrus_vma_performance_white_appropriation_of_black_bodies.html

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/miley-cyrus-rightful-backlash-past-cultural-appropriation

LOONA.

I agree that people would rather take black music and black culture from non blacks, but that's pretty much all.

Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Usher, Bryston Tiller etc etc etc music doesn't sound anything like Bruno's so I'm not really buying what she's selling.

Prince, Bobby Brown and MJ aren't current 

#Mu7

Quote from: Andrais. on March 09, 2018, 10:20:29 AM
I agree that people would rather take black music and black culture from non blacks, but that's pretty much all.

Chris Brown, Trey Songz, Usher, Bryston Tiller etc etc etc music doesn't sound anything like Bruno's so I'm not really buying what she's selling.

Prince, Bobby Brown and MJ aren't current 

!!!!! But we also have to acknowledge that we don't value our own damn artist. We are the kings/queens of telling artist that have made it past their debut album to go somewhere and sit down.