Kelly had to have felt some kinda way at the time...

Started by Kalifornia., March 27, 2018, 10:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genesis

Quote from: ssw4919 on March 28, 2018, 06:29:22 PM
Why would Kelly not do R&B when DC did it, Dilemma was huge, and Motivation was her biggest hit?  That should have been her lane, a grilled R&B tea.
Her biggest album was the alternative stuff, she jumped the ship with ms kelly doing r & b and things went sour at that point

Motivation was a hit but it came and went and didnt really elevate her career.

Mel.

Oh and yeah
Pop Kelly > R&B Kelly
her voice suits pop so well

Love Lives In Strange Places >>
Train On The Track >>
Stole >>
Daylight >>
Forever And A Day >>
Ros? Colored Glasses >>
Commander >>
When Love Takes Over >>

Mel.

Oop!
lemme go listen to ?Simply Deep?

RAY7

Quote from: Lazarus on March 28, 2018, 06:23:03 PM
Kelly doing alternative music made absolutely no sense. She should've been allowed to record an R&B album as well.
but Kelly herself was at least acting like she wanted to do that type of music back then
I remember during Survivor era she was naming all these Rock bands that she listens to when she was asked what her favorite music was.
Everybody blames Matthew but, I mean Simply Deep is still her biggest selling album, she won a Grammy and had a huge #1 smash, and if Matthew was to blame he couldve stopped her from even doing Dilemma. Then without him she did When Love Takes Over, Commander etc.

Lazarus

Quote from: Genesis on March 28, 2018, 07:06:24 PM
Kelly doing alternative music made absolutely no sense. She should've been allowed to record an R&B album as well.
She was more successful doing that music though.

When? Not in the beginning, I suppose. Maybe later down the line. Simply Deep received lukewarm response from fans.

Lazarus

Quote from: AYR on March 28, 2018, 07:23:51 PM
but Kelly herself was at least acting like she wanted to do that type of music back then
I remember during Survivor era she was naming all these Rock bands that she listens to when she was asked what her favorite music was.
Everybody blames Matthew but, I mean Simply Deep is still her biggest selling album, she won a Grammy and had a huge #1 smash, and if Matthew was to blame he couldve stopped her from even doing Dilemma. Then without him she did When Love Takes Over, Commander etc.

Kelly says a lot of things. :dead: I don't think it was her initial choice to record an alternative album especially since Destiny's Child was known solely for pop and R&B music but what's done is done.

Genesis

Quote from: Lazarus on March 28, 2018, 07:25:55 PM

When? Not in the beginning, I suppose. Maybe later down the line. Simply Deep received lukewarm response from fans.
Simply deep is her only certified album and biggest selling album WW. all of her others were straight duds. Ms kelly (r & b album) killed any momentum she had.

Lazarus

Quote from: Genesis on March 28, 2018, 07:34:51 PM

Simply deep is her only certified album and biggest selling album WW. all of her others were straight duds. Ms kelly (r & b album) killed any momentum she had.

Solely on Dilemma and its success. But what's done is done. I've never seen it for Kelly as a solo artist anyway.  :dead:

Scott.

Quote from: Lazarus on March 28, 2018, 07:37:51 PM

Solely on Dilemma and its success. But what's done is done. I've never seen it for Kelly as a solo artist anyway.  :dead:

And clearly nobody else

RAY7

Quote from: Lazarus on March 28, 2018, 07:33:11 PM

Kelly says a lot of things. :dead: I don't think it was her initial choice to record an alternative album especially since Destiny's Child was known solely for pop and R&B music but what's done is done.
I mean Michelle did Gospel, and then dance/house or whatever  :dead:
the girls did what they were gonna do

Lazarus

March 28, 2018, 07:45:23 PM #87 Last Edit: March 28, 2018, 07:50:07 PM by Lazarus
Quote from: AYR on March 28, 2018, 07:41:31 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on March 28, 2018, 07:33:11 PM

I mean Michelle did Gospel, and then dance/house or whatever  :dead:
the girls did what they were gonna do

They did what they wanna to do or they did what they were told/directed to do. :dead:

MelMel

Quote from: Scott. on March 28, 2018, 07:40:10 PM
Quote from: Lazarus on March 28, 2018, 07:37:51 PM

And clearly nobody else
:blessed:

MelMel

Quote from: Mel. on March 28, 2018, 07:01:51 PM
She?s had platinum albums in Destiny?s child
she honestly doesn?t have to have to earn another platinum album in her life

she?s already done that
many will say it doesn?t count, but it definitely does
she sang on those albums so...
I mean so did LeToya but she also has one all on her own