Kelly had to have felt some kinda way at the time...

Started by Kalifornia., March 27, 2018, 10:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Quote from: AYR on March 27, 2018, 10:39:54 PM
Kelly overall is still the 2nd biggest artist
Toya fell off after the ?wow she actually can sing/let?s support her to spite Bey!? crowd moved on
Dilemma was such a huge hit
Work also
Maybe Letoya had more sales in the US but in Europe most of the people only know Bey, Kelly and ?poor Michelle?

/.\

Annie

When love takes over was a huge hit but didn?t make any sense

/.\

#Mu7

Kelly is still more relevant and has still sold more records than her.
lots of "cute" points made here though.
the chitterling circuit loves' 'Toy tho! good for her!

I'm almost certain that ms. kelly is probably eligible for gold by now
same with Simply Deep for platinum especially since the streams of dilemma help certify it.
Here I Am should be about gold too the Motivation streams are great as well as the video views.

She is labeless and they probably certainly wont be paying for her plaques though.

GRAND

Quote from: ssw4919 on March 29, 2018, 02:04:33 AM
Every time Kelly came out, Bey would be right on her heels.  I remember Kelly did a pre-performance of Like That at the BET Awards, like she was opening up for Bey.  Way to highlight the differences.  :guys:
that was so fucked up :plzstop: :plzstop:

🦚

Quote from: 1RIG on March 29, 2018, 02:29:42 AM
Quote from: CerSl?i Lannister on March 29, 2018, 02:11:41 AM
Every time Kelly came out, Bey would be right on her heels.  I remember Kelly did a pre-performance of Like That at the BET Awards, like she was opening up for Bey.  Way to highlight the differences.  :guys:

You mean the performance that bey negotiated to have her in? Kelly wasn?t on BET?s radar.
cnncnncnc why didn?t she negotiate to have Kelly pre-record her vocal like she did? :kii:  pure mess, I?m sorry.

Poor girl didn?t speak up for herself smh

Kelly was just happy to be there. Baby steps luv. Besides there?s barely any singing on Like This. Get Me Bodied is way harder to attempt fully live.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

RAY7

Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on March 29, 2018, 08:10:45 AM
that was so fucked up :plzstop: :plzstop:
ppls memories are a mess though
Bey came first then introduced Kelly, so if anything she was the opener
THEN she came back and they all danced to Like This
Bey was trying to make her happen :dead:
Then she was spotted wearing the shirt with Ms Kelly album cover on it trying to promote
but Bey! On her heels!

FlowerBomb

Kelly is just unlucky and never had the right management to keep her consistent.

#Mu7

Kelly did and has happened though.
She has had a few hit singles, some huge and some MAJOR. She toured the world as a solo artist and cranked hit after hit out in the UK.

I don't pity her or her career. There are many girls who would kill to have the career she has and has had. I don't know why people try act like she's some poor little victim or some shit.

Every r&b girl is not meant to Beyonce, Rihanna, Brandy's (in her prime) the sooner we learn that the more Tinashe and all these other girls can "pop" .

She may not have had huge first weeks but they have been consistent between 70 - 80k and she consistently sells about 300k albums in the US some of these girls can't even scrape 30 first week.

🦚

March 29, 2018, 08:55:43 AM #129 Last Edit: March 29, 2018, 08:56:14 AM by CerSl?i Lannister
You can?t blame management when you spend the week of your album release sunbathing in Miami and playing grab ass with the Williams sisters.

Management can move mountains but they can?t provide you the drive and ambition you lack.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

FlowerBomb

Or maybe she's content with the D.C success and her solo albums are just projects she likes working on.

LOONA.

Yh her work ethic has always been shitty when it came to music.

She only puts efforts into booking TV gigs and staying visible.     

#Mu7

Quote from: Guilty on March 29, 2018, 08:57:35 AM
Or maybe she's content with the D.C success and her solo albums are just projects she likes working on.

Nah Kelly wants and relishes in having her own identity. We don't know what she quantifies as success though. If we're fair each album she has dropped has produced a "hit" via sales , radio, or both. SD = Dilemma, Stole, Train on A Track
MK = Like This (US) , UK Like This, Work, Daylight
In-between (WLTO)
HIA US = Motivation US = Commander and Down for Whatever
TAGG = Kisses Down Low (Certified Gold)

That's a decent career for and RnB act these other girls simply are struggling to even string those successes together.

FlowerBomb

What other girls, because her peers except maybe 2 or 3 have been more successful.

#Mu7

In this decade nah.
I don't remember the last true 2nd tier RnB girl that has had a song as big Motivation.