Sanaa Joins Cast For Movie 'Native Son'

Started by M-Rocka, April 24, 2018, 04:09:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

M-Rocka

[Instagram]

QuoteSo thrilled to be a part of bringing this iconic story to life #NativeSon #Repost @blackfilm_com

http://deadline.com/2018/04/sanaa-lathan-native-son-movie-cast-a24-1202361596/

QuoteSanaa Lathan has joined the cast of Native Son, the big-screen adaptation of Richard Wright?s iconic book in the works at A24, which made a worldwide rights deal last month for the project. Ashton Sanders, Margaret Qualley, Nick Robinson and Bill Camp are already aboard the pic, which has a screenplay adapted to the present day by Pulitzer-winning playwright Suzan-Lori Parks and is being directed by Rashid Johnson. A24 Lands 'Native Son' WW Rights Package: Rashid Johnson Helms, Ashton Sanders To Lead Ensemble...

Lathan will play Trudy Thomas, a widow who is doing her best to raise three children in a small and cramped but tidy Chicago apartment. When her new boyfriend helps arrange a job interview for her eldest son Bigger (Sanders) to work as a chauffeur for a local real estate magnate, a chain of events is triggered that will have devastating consequences for both families.

The film was developed and will be produced by Bow and Arrow Entertainment?s Matthew Perniciaro and Michael Sherman.
Lathan, whose recent credits include CBS Films? American Assassin and Fox?s Shots Fired, is next up in the Netflix original film Nappily Ever After and has a recurring role on Season 4 of Showtime?s The Affair.
She is repped by ICM Partners and attorney Stephen Barnes.

BAPHOMET.

M-Rocka

Can't wait to see this at the $1 matinee!

Vonc2002

Well she definitely looks like somebody's son. Great casting
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

M-Rocka

Quote from: Vonc2002 on April 24, 2018, 04:41:13 PM
Well she definitely looks like somebody's son. Great casting
I cannot stand you!
:plzstop:

Sovereign.

I?m finishing the novel now. It?s exceptional. 

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Kurama

D.I.E.G.O.

Praying that this film is strong. I like the cast so far. This book is incredible and I've been waiting for a film adaptation for some time. Book Sanaa!