The most influential black female entertainer of our generation?

Started by AIDS!, October 29, 2015, 09:43:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAY

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on October 29, 2015, 08:53:21 PM
Quote from: throwintheTAL on October 29, 2015, 08:50:54 PM
guys, the Jans hate is kinda getting to me :loose2when:

it's cool to shade ha to get May and lil bow wow nice and HOT (not Jayden, he's the only Jan that ain't a hater) but she's a sweet gal

let's just drag Trailor instead and make Mail wheel up to the receiptionist at the home and beg for extended laptop hours

bbbbbbbbbb

Gor come give me a hug  :wub:

:uhh:

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: iman on October 29, 2015, 08:51:12 PM
Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on October 29, 2015, 08:46:17 PM
Quote from: iman on October 29, 2015, 08:38:27 PM
Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on October 29, 2015, 08:34:50 PM
All the girls that dance and put on a show are influenced by Janet.  Beyonc? did a whole Rhythm Nation routine in one of her performances.  Britney's shows are influenced by Janet. 

But all the mainstream girls who care anything about vocals are clearly influenced by Whitney in some way...

I'd say it's a tie.

v

Y'all are out of it. For real.

No, you're trippin'.  lol. Madonna has never been as influential as a dancer as someone like Janet or Michael.  She's not as skilled as they are in that area.  She's more of a cool visuals and cause a bunch of controversy to sell records kind of artist.  So the girls who push a lot of buttons to sell are probably more in line with being influenced by Madonna.

c

I'm honestly over the over-saturation of her legacy on here. To put her up there with Madonna or even Whit is blasphemous. And though Tran was a great dancer in her prime, I'm not seeing the epic as far as performances goes.

I honestly can't believe some of the stuff posted. jan did amazing things for women when it comes to performing. "We can be as hard as the guys" But she's not on Madge's level, performing wise. NEVER. and this new lil tour  :plzstop:

AIDS!

Quote from: The Brandy Barbie on October 29, 2015, 08:50:13 PM
And anyway, if you look at the title of this post it says "most influential black singer of our generation."
!!!
I don't know why people always bring up Madonan when Janet is being discussed
It's almost like they don't want to admit a black women shat back then

throwintheTAL

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on October 29, 2015, 08:53:21 PM
Quote from: throwintheTAL on October 29, 2015, 08:50:54 PM
guys, the Jans hate is kinda getting to me :loose2when:

it's cool to shade ha to get May and lil bow wow nice and HOT (not Jayden, he's the only Jan that ain't a hater) but she's a sweet gal

let's just drag Trailor instead and make Mail wheel up to the receiptionist at the home and beg for extended laptop hours

bbbbbbbbbb

Gor come give me a hug  :wub:
sis, take me awaaaaay

frooom

heeeeya... :raycharles2urmess:

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Jonovan on October 29, 2015, 08:50:00 PM
She performs the same way he did with the choreography and the mini movie videos etc..

In a nutshell.

MAY

Quote from: Baphomet. on October 29, 2015, 08:55:18 PM
All the girls that dance and put on a show are influenced by Janet.  Beyonc? did a whole Rhythm Nation routine in one of her performances.  Britney's shows are influenced by Janet. 

But all the mainstream girls who care anything about vocals are clearly influenced by Whitney in some way...

I'd say it's a tie.

v

No, you're trippin'.  lol. Madonna has never been as influential as a dancer as someone like Janet or Michael.  She's not as skilled as they are in that area.  She's more of a cool visuals and cause a bunch of controversy to sell records kind of artist.  So the girls who push a lot of buttons to sell are probably more in line with being influenced by Madonna.

c

I'm honestly over the over-saturation of her legacy on here. To put her up there with Madonna or even Whit is blasphemous. And though Tran was a great dancer in her prime, I'm not seeing the epic as far as performances goes.

I honestly can't believe some of the stuff posted. jan did amazing things for women when it comes to performing. "We can be as hard as the guys" But she's not on Madge's level, performing wise. NEVER. and this new lil tour  :plzstop:

b

Gor you are out of your mind. :kii: :kii: :kii:

Madonna's shit is all production nowadays.

AIDS!

I'd say it's a tie.

v

she outsings and outperforms Madonan by a mile

c

RekeRig

Quote from: RED on October 29, 2015, 08:48:58 PM
Quote from: RIG on October 29, 2015, 08:47:38 PM
some stans may get carried away, but y'all discredit Janet a LOT at the same time ;ssss
!!!!
It's like they're tying to turn her into Mya
No ma'am
She's one of the heavy weights
And without her some of our faves would not be here
I remember Brandy on her video set for Put it down

She mentioned Janet a LOT. 

56 seconds in

:howfestive:

AIDS!

And her and Michaels choreography were not even remotely similar :dead:

throwintheTAL

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on October 29, 2015, 08:56:31 PM

I'd say it's a tie.

v

c

b

and brittle bones smacking against the stage floor :cheerup:

iman

I'd say it's a tie.

v

c

!!! :dead:

and they want to act like we're "hating" for stating the obvious or they bring up other artists  :plzstop: It's a kii.

Like why not go outside and ask random people how they feel, I'm sure they will say the same judging by her sales.

I'll just say this -- If she's so great then you wouldn't have to constantly make threads or randomly find a way to insert her into discussions she belongs. Her legacy should speak for itself if she's so amaze lol!

MAY

R. Kelly damn sure ain't no influence.

Decrepit ass nigga desperately CLINGING to Chris & Trey to revive his stagnant ass career.

And 'Black Pull Ups' STILL ain't gold.

AIDS!

And she outsings and outperforms Madonna by a mile
Always has, always will
But they're apples and oranges when it comes
To their artistry

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: MΛΥDΛΥ on October 29, 2015, 08:56:31 PM

I'd say it's a tie.

v

c

b

Even though that's not true.
She's putting on better shows tha Janet.

There's no way you think Janet's new tour is better than Madonna's.