My book drops in 1 week--read an excerpt (plus TV offer)

Started by hewritez, July 03, 2018, 06:17:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hewritez

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that If You See Me, Don't Say Hi comes out next week, July 10th, in bookstores, on Amazon, as well as audible (I'm narrating the audiobook kii)

You can pre-order it on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/If-You-See-Dont-Say/dp/1250183197/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1530656004&sr=8-1&keywords=if+you+see+me%2C+don%27t+say+hi

Don't drag me about the price!  :dead:  :raycharles2urmess:
Also, I haven't announced it officially yet, but I got an offer from AMC Network to adapt the book into a TV series, and they want me to write and produce it. My agents are negotiating the terms now but once it runs on Deadline I'll post a link.

Also, also, you can read one of the stories on Buzzfeed here: https://www.buzzfeed.com/neelpatel/everything-about-johns-new-boyfriend-is-perfect-except-he?utm_term=.vaKkBQo7d#.jxqWMGvyn

[instagram]

I think you might enjoy it.  ;-)

b7

:loose2when:  so freaking happy for you man. I cant even imagine how hard you've worked on all of this, and to be that vulnerable sharing it all with the world on paper.

Congratulations
:oof:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

hewritez

I have the ultimate respect for people who record cause that audiobook was hard AF.
They kept saying my stomach was making too much noise  :dead:
I think the sound engineer was annoyed with me.

Yeah cause I ate huevos rancheros for breakfast da fuck  :uhh:

hewritez

Quote from: 1RIG on July 03, 2018, 06:19:24 PM
:loose2when:  so freaking happy for you man. I cant even imagine how hard you've worked on all of this, and to be that vulnerable sharing it all with the world on paper.

Congratulations
:oof:

Thank you!!!!  :wub:

Sinpool

wooo

congrats!

this makes me want to finish my book mess now

hewritez

Quote from: redskin. on July 03, 2018, 06:23:00 PM
I love it. Indian-American stories are rarely told. You guys are quiet for the most part - at least the ones I've encountered. And not many of you are into creative (usually math/science/medicine, etc), or very excited about things like being on TV and putting yourselves out there creatively,  so it's rare that you see pieces like this which explore the behind the scenes tea in Indian-American culture.

I like that you're being honest and open about everything, even things that don't necessarily put the group in the "best light".

I'd definitely watch the series.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

Navyman

This is dope congratulations. How long would you say it took for this entire process to come together?

Cartierline

Woah the book being published is great but a TV offer as well? That's amazing, congrats.

:traciandchelle:

hewritez

Quote from: Tonkaman on July 03, 2018, 06:24:53 PM
This is dope congratulations. How long would you say it took for this entire process to come together?
Thank you!!
From the first story I wrote to getting the book deal it was 3 years.
But in reality it took over 10 years just to get even one journal to publish a piece.
I had to become a "writer" first.
But in terms of the actual deal itself...I sent my work out to agents two days after Trump won the election with a letter about how we need more diverse voices to be heard. I got an immediate response from agents. I signed with one, edited the manuscript some more, and then sold it about five months later.

Purple Moon

Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

hewritez

Quote from: Cartier on July 03, 2018, 06:29:57 PM
Woah the book being published is great but a TV offer as well? That's amazing, congrats.

:traciandchelle:

Thank you!!!  :wellheythere:

hewritez

Quote from: redskin. on July 03, 2018, 06:33:57 PM
Quote from: hewritez on July 03, 2018, 06:32:28 PM
Quote from: Tonkaman on July 03, 2018, 06:24:53 PM
Thank you!!
From the first story I wrote to getting the book deal it was 3 years.
But in reality it took over 10 years just to get even one journal to publish a piece.
I had to become a "writer" first.
But in terms of the actual deal itself...I sent my work out to agents two days after Trump won the election with a letter about how we need more diverse voices to be heard. I got an immediate response from agents. I signed with one, edited the manuscript some more, and then sold it about five months later.
Genius. :plzstop: :plzstop:

:justabit:  :dead:

Heated🔥