Misunderstandings

Started by Kurama, August 22, 2018, 06:01:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurama

What are some common misunderstandings that people have about your character?

Do you think some are warranted?

Have you ever misunderstood someone else and how did you resolve that?

:ohwow:

MelMel

People assume I'm a drunk just because I can finish three Long Island Iced Teas in like 5 minutes :hmph:

BAPHOMET.

August 22, 2018, 06:54:10 PM #2 Last Edit: August 22, 2018, 06:54:30 PM by Baph.
People assume a lot of things about me on here. But ion address it because it?s sometimes pointless.

But off of this site the main thing (though there?s nothing wrong with it if you are) is that I?m a ho. I?ve never understood that perception of me. I guess cause I seem sneaky? Which I?m not. I just keep to myself and sometimes a loner. Most of the time I prefer to not be bothered.

I?m very much a selfish person and mainly think about myself. But im also caring  :stressed:

MelMel

Quote from: Baph. on August 22, 2018, 06:54:10 PM
People assume a lot of things about me on here. But ion address it because it?s sometimes pointless.

But off of this site the main thing (though there?s nothing wrong with it if you are) is that I?m a ho. I?ve never understood that perception of me. I guess cause I seem sneaky? Which I?m not. I just keep to myself and sometimes a loner. Most of the time I prefer to not be bothered.

I?m very much a selfish person and mainly think about myself. But im also caring  :stressed:
I can tell you are though, a caring person  :stressed: :stressed: :stressed:

🦚

Ppl that don?t know me think I?m stuck up and unapproachable. I get it because I just never been the one for small talk. And I get why people feel a lil attitude / better than mess on the surface. I was born on an island where the population is mainly non white. I have never been made to feel less inferior and my parents literally told me every single day I can do anything I put my mind to. The self confidence is a little intimidating. Especially at work. I treat the ceo like I treat anyone else. I?m not playing the game of thrones with these heffas. I?m all about looking myself in the mirror at the end of the day and knowing I did not compromise 1 iota. I know it baffles the fuck out of them that I have the highest spend and client engagement  :cheerup:

I hate the part where people think I?m materialistic because I like nice things.
I can be in Gucci or Zara. Neither defines me. 
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

African Queen

People here seem to think I am this Mikey character....

In real life people tend to believe me when I'm lying and think I am lying when I am telling the truth.

People underestimate my intelligence a lot. Maybe cos I give a naive tease.

People tell me I don't "act" black enough.

Kurama

I can see some of these misunderstandings for most of you honestly.

For me, I think people think I am mean because I don't really engage with folks I don't know. In social settings Im usually chill, awkward, and observant but sometimes folks interpret that as being bougie or stand offish. This really intensified when I moved to Chicago, it's segregated af here so I understand the perception.

Recently I also have been getting slack for the way I present in a professional setting while working with my Black folks. We live in Chicago they think the language I use is more eurocentric and native to those who live on the north (white) side. They think I am some proper nigga who never had to struggle. It's a MAJOR misunderstanding because I actually hate being around yt folks, I grew up in the hood, I cuss hella often and I prefer to use colloquialisms when I am allowed (and it doesn't fuck up my money).

If I have I feel someone is misunderstanding me intent/character I usually address it. It really depends on the person tho. If I am cool with you and I feel like we are having a miscommunication I am gonna address it in private. If I don't know you and don't care to know you I probably wont. That's IRL and online.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Kurama on August 23, 2018, 10:52:49 AM
I can see some of these misunderstandings for most of you honestly.

For me, I think people think I am mean because I don't really engage with folks I don't know. In social settings Im usually chill, awkward, and observant but sometimes folks interpret that as being bougie or stand offish. This really intensified when I moved to Chicago, it's segregated af here so I understand the perception.

Recently I also have been getting slack for the way I present in a professional setting while working with my Black folks. We live in Chicago they think the language I use is more eurocentric and native to those who live on the north (white) side. They think I am some proper nigga who never had to struggle. It's a MAJOR misunderstanding because I actually hate being around yt folks, I grew up in the hood, I cuss hella often and I prefer to use colloquialisms when I am allowed (and it doesn't fuck up my money).

If I have I feel someone is misunderstanding me intent/character I usually address it. It really depends on the person tho. If I am cool with you and I feel like we are having a miscommunication I am gonna address it in private. If I don't know you and don't care to know you I probably wont. That's IRL and online.

I've never had to deal with the "you're not Black enough" thing. How does it make you feel?

Kurama

I was offended at first. It's hella triggering because that's something I had to deal with growing up. So to kinda strip me of my Blackness based on some characteristics you notice --or don't notice-- really bothered me and I tried to overcompensate for it when I was younger.

Now It just kinda makes me sad for people. I understand the ignorance and where it comes from but I don't feel the need to dispel that misunderstanding of my character. They have to discover that Black folks are not monolithic on their own.

Kurama

ghhh

Wait, Ro' this reversal. Not you taking notes while im word vomiting on your couch.

:diddraispoot:

KippDaddy

People think I?m stuck up or uppity and I?m not. 

People also think I have an attitude problem when they don?t know me and that?s not true I just really have like no filter.

emzen

That I?m an elitist and pretentious.

I?m just very shy and have bad anxiety and yea my music/movie taste is a bit out there but I really love all types of shit.

Kurama

Quote from: emzen on August 23, 2018, 11:19:22 AM

I?m just very shy and have bad anxiety and yea my music/movie taste is a bit out there but I really love all types of shit.

Resonates